Twenty-three

Haein decided shortly after talking to Kang woo to go see Jisoo's son in person

Haein decided shortly after talking to Kang woo to go see Jisoo's son in person. He was still disconcerted by the fact that she had a child. He couldn't process the thought of her moving on from him so quickly.

"Could it be that she's just ashamed of me finding out that she had a child with someone else? Or could Jae sung really be my son?" Haein was pondering hard by himself at the backseat of the car. Suddenly he sensed the car slowing down, he immediately opened his eyes and looked at Kang woo.

"Are we here already?" Haein asked. Kang woo nodded his head.

"Yes....supposedly that house over there is where her son lives." Kang woo uttered while pointing his finger towards the house. Haein quickly rolled down his window and looked outside to see the surroundings. It looked like a quiet and safe neighborhood.

"In any minute the grandma will come out with the kid for a short stroll around the neighborhood according to the investigator. He said that every day around 11 am she would always go outside with her grandson and the maid." Kang woo uttered rapidly. Haein kept staring at the house from the far distance with narrowed eyes.

All of a sudden Haein noticed the door to the house opening so he rapidly closed his window. Mrs lee, whom was sitting in the wheelchair held little Jae sung's hand while she was being pushed by the maid. Haein's eyes immediately landed on the little boy and he could feel his heart clenching inside his chest.He was staring at the little boy with sadness in his eyes.

"Jae sung??" Haein thought to himself while staring. Kang woo noticed Haein's reaction at seeing the little boy and smiled.

"He's a handsome little boy!" Kang woo uttered which snapped Haein out of his intense stares at the little boy. Haein sighed and looked straight into Kang woo's eyes.

"Yeah...he's cute just like Jisoo." Haein uttered softly. Kang woo noticed Haein's sudden change of mood.

"What's wrong?" Kang woo asked worriedly.

"I just wish he was mine!" Haein uttered with a shaky smile.

"Haein!! He might be ...you just have to find out! I can help you out by approaching the boy and getting a strand of his hair to do a dna test on him." Kang woo uttered with eagerness. Haein narrowed his eyes at Kang woo.

"What in the world!!! I'm not going to do that..what is wrong with you!!" Haein shouted at Kang woo. Kang woo sighed at Haein.

"You're so stubborn!! I will shut up now then." Kang woo voiced back with annoyance.

"Let's just go back home I'm not in the mood to go to work today" Haein uttered while closing his eyes and leaning his back against the backrest seat. Kang woo immediately obeyed his orders and started the car to go back to the house.
~

Ji Hye on the other hand was visiting her father-in-law at the company, she wanted to speak to him about something that she heard Kang woo say to Haein earlier in the house.