Chapter 1

⚠️ THIS FIC CONTAINS CHEATING if that isn't your thing don't read

Also follow for more updates :)

-

The sun shined on Josie's tan skin as she got out of her car and made her way into the counselor's cabin with her duffle bag of clothes in one hand and a coffee in the other.

"I can't believe you signed us up for this AGAIN" Josie's twin sister Lizzie said dragging her suitcases in and setting them in the corner of the room.

"It's for a good cause! you know they need as much help as they can get
especially with all the new campers, they'll have this year" Josie said putting her bags on the bed and taking out her camp counselor shirt along with her badge that they are required to wear and she puts them on.

"I guess it won't be so bad," Lizzie said looking out the window at one of the new volunteers, Sebastian, who was greeting some of the campers and their parents.

Josie followed her line of sightseeing the guy "oh, not again we don't need another repeat of last year".

"You always bring that up! this is a new summer, a fresh start if you will"
Lizzie said still staring at Sebastian.

Josie rolled her eyes "whatever, we need to get going they need us in the front in 5 minutes" she says immediately exiting the cabin.

As she exited she immediately ran into someone "oh my god, I'm so sorry!" Josie said putting her hands on the person's waist so they didn't fall.

"It's okay I shouldn't have been on my phone and walking at the same time".

Josie looked up meeting ocean blue eyes that belong to the prettiest girl Josie has probably ever seen.

"I- I'm um Josette- Josie that's what people call me," Josie said
stuttering.

"I'm Hope," the girl said with a smile before a curly-haired boy came up behind her and kissed her neck.

"I'm sorry I should probably go," she said before linking hands with the curly-haired boy and walking off.

Josie shook her head and walked to the front of the camp where the head of camp Josies father, Alaric was.

"I see a lot of familiar faces along with a lot of new ones I want to welcome you to camp Salvatore we are so happy to have
you all here with us in just a moment some of our camp counselors will be giving out cabin assignments so say your goodbyes while you can" her father said over a microphone that screeched a bit when he set it down.

As Josie looked up from the ground (which she was staring at during her father's whole speech) and sees the auburn-haired girl again and notices she has now changed into a counselor shirt.

As if sensing eyes on her Hopes eyes looked away from her boyfriends and landed on Josies causing her to immediately look away.

"Josie, Hope I want you both to show the campers to Gemini and tribrid cabin," her father said before handing her a clipboard of names.

Hope joined Josie a minute later and they both got to work.

_

Working with Hope was distracting, I mean it's not like Hope knew she was distracting Josie with her beauty it was kinda just happening.

As Hope was explaining some of the activities to the people in Gemini cabin Josie, being yet again distracted tripped over a rock and twisted her ankle.

"Fuck" she mumbled under her breath and held her ankle.

"Are you okay??" Hope said coming to Josie's side.

"Yeah, I just hurt my ankle" Josie winced when Hope touched her ankle.

"Okay.. okay um Gemini cabin why don't you all go to the cafeteria lunch should be served soon" Hope said to the kids which they immediately agreed to and headed off.

Hope looked at me and smiled "we should probably take you to medical can you stand?".

Josie tried to stand but when she put weight on her ankle she immediately fell back down.

"I'm gonna take that as a no" Hope laughed before taking Josie by surprise and picking her up bridal style.

"So what made you volunteer? I haven't seen you here before" Josie asked curiously.

"Well my aunts thought it would be a good idea for me to get out this summer instead of being in my room reading so I decided to spend my summer here," Hope said with a shrug "but little do they know I brought all my books with me," Hope says looking over at Josie smiling.

"You read? what kind of books" Josie said suddenly forgetting the pain in her ankle.

"I read a lot but one of my favorites is probably the 7 husbands of Evelyn Hugo," Hope says walking into the medical cabin.

"Wow she's read and has a good taste in books," Josie says smiling.

"I know I'm such a catch aren't I?" Hope says laughing before setting Josie on the exam table.

"What seems to be wrong?" nurse bennet says walking in.

"Tripped over a rock and hurt my ankle".

Nurse bennet bent down examining the ankle and squeezing it a bit "It's definitely not broken but it is sprained I want you to be very careful and don't put a lot of weight on it".

"Oh thank god I thought we were gonna have to cut it off," Hope said teasingly which made Josie laugh.

"So that means no doing any physical activities including the counselor's flag football game tomorrow".

"That's tomorrow?? crap I promised Lizzie I would be on her team" Josie
sighed and ran a hand through her hair.

Nurse bennet then walked out.

"Well if you can't play at least you can cheer for the winning team which will be my team," Hope said sure of herself.

"Oh, I wouldn't be so sure Lizzie has won every year she has played".

"Well maybe with you cheering for my team on the sidelines that will give me the courage to push that much harder to beat her".

Before Josie could respond they were interrupted by Hopes boyfriend.

God, he is everywhere Josie thought.

"Hey babe," he said kissing her on the cheek.

"Hey" she smiled at him before turning back to Josie "Josie this is Landon, my boyfriend".

They both awkwardly waved at each other.

"Anyways Mr.Saltzman wants us to supervise arts and crafts," he said tugging her towards the door.

Hope then looked at me giving me a sheepish smile "ill see you at dinner?".

I then nodded before Landon practically dragged Hope out of the cabin.

This is gonna be a long summer.