Chapter 8

The next morning Josie woke up to the warm feeling of a body next to her.
When she opened her eyes she was met with the naked back of the auburn-haired girl. Josie smiled at the sight before kissing Hope's shoulder.

The aburn-haired girl scrunched her eyebrows together before blinking her eyes open and turning towards Josie.

"Hey," she said in a sleepy voice.

"Hi," Josie said.

"How'd you sleep?" Josie asked as she traced patterns on Hope's waist with her thumb.

"Better than I have in a long time" Hope smiled.

"About last night-" Josie started.

"Oh god, you regret it don't you" Hope sat up suddenly.

"What? NO! no I don't believe me I don't."

"Then what's wrong?" Hope asked confused.

"Well... you do have a boyfriend Hope... Landon..."

"Oh god Landon" Hope covered her face with her hands.

Josie didn't know what to say since
she hasn't been in a situation like this until now so she just laid her hand on Hope's knee.

"What am I gonna tell him?" Hope got up taking the sheet with her.

"I don't know-" Josie said grabbing her shirt off the floor and putting it on.

"I don't regret what we did last but I know Landon is gonna be so... mad" Hope sighed and her hand through her hair while the other held the blanket around her body.

Josie just sighs "well what does that mean for us."

"I don't know... but we'll talk about it later I promise but we have to get to work breakfast starts in like ten minutes" Hope said picking up her clothes and putting them back on.

Josie looked away from Hope as the girl changed already feeling a blush rise on her face "yeah okay" Josie nodded.

When Hope was done getting dressed she just looked at Josie knowing what to say.

"I'm gonna go" Hope said.

Josie nodded "okay I'll see you later," she said as she ran her hand through her hair.

Hope nodded before making her way out of the cabin.

-

As Hope made her way out of the cabin she saw Landon coming toward her.

"What were you doing in Josie's cabin I thought we talked about this," he said sounding angry.

"Uh- I had to ask her about something you know since we work together it was about an activity for the campers" Hope lied.

"Oh-" he said sounding less mad "okay well do you wanna go have breakfast?."

"Yeah okay," Hope said even though she didn't feel like being around the curly-haired boy today.

They made their way into the cafeteria under the watchful eye of Josie.

Hope sat down in front of Landon and had a perfect view of Josie who was sitting a couple of tables behind him.

"So how was your night?" Landon asked as he ate some eggs.

"Oh it was- amazing" Hope nodded "one of the best nights of my life actually" Hope smiled.

"How so?" Landon raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, you know... just felt really good" Hope nodded to herself before taking a bite of her food.

As Landon started talking  Hope looked behind him and made eye contact with Josie.

she was screwed.