Chapter 14

When they finished their movie Hope offered to get them some snacks so they made their way downstairs where they saw Hope's Aunt Freya Cooking.

"Oh so she does leave her room," Freya said as she saw Hope.

"Ha Ha, very funny," Hope said going into the pantry only to be stopped by Freya.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"Uh- getting me and Josie some snacks."

"You're going to spoil your dinner" she then looked at Josie "you should join us for dinner I'm making Hope's favorite."

"Gumbo?" Hope beamed.

"Gumbo" she confirmed.

"Sure! I just have to call my mom and let her know" Josie said taking out her phone and stepping out of the kitchen.

Freya watched as Hope was staring at the brunette with lovely eyes.

She then cleared her throat getting Hope's attention "so how's Landon?"

"What?" Hope tilted her head.

"Your boyfriend."

"Oh! Yeah right- uh goes good! he's taking me on a date Friday..."

"You hardly talk about him anymore."

"Yeah... Well, I've only been home a few days not much to say" she shrugged.

"Mhm..."

Just then Josie walked back into the kitchen "okay I told my mom she said it was okay."

About an Hour later when Freya's wife got
home from work they all made their way to the dining room where Hope sat next to Josie.

As Freya started putting gumbo into everyone's bowls she decided to start some small talk.

"So how did you meet Hope?"

Josie looked up at Freya who was watching her "well my family owns the camp Hope volunteered at this summer... we were paired together to look after two cabins so we spent a lot of time together" she said and Freya hummed in response.

"Your friendship has made Hope very happy from what I can see."

"Aunt Freya!" Hope hissed.

"What I'm being honest," the older mikaelson woman said sitting down.

Josie cleared her throat "well Hope's friendship has meant a lot to me too... More than she probably knows" she said turning to Hope.

Hope looked back at her and smiled at Josie.

Just as they started eating they heard a knock at the front door.

"I've Got It," Hope said setting down her fork and standing up.

When Hope opened the door her eyes widened "Landon- hey" she said as the boy brought her into a hug.

When Josie heard the boy's voice she visibly deflated and started poking at her gumbo.

Freya looked between Josie and the couple, noticing the brunette's mood change.

"Did something happen?" Hope asks pulling back from the embrace.

"No why?" he asks confused.

"Well, you never show up this late- or unannounced."

"Do I need an excuse to see my girlfriend?"

"No, but-"

"Landon why don't you come on in and have some dinner with us," Keelin said.

"I'd love to Mrs.Mikaelson" he smiled and shut the door.

Hope and himself walked into the dining room taking their seats.

When Landon turned his head he saw Josie sitting in the seat right beside Hope.

"Josie," he said.

"Hey, Landon" the brunette turned to him giving the boy her fakest smile.

"Didn't expect to see you here" he glared at her before getting some gumbo and putting it into his bowl.

"Yeah well, here I am."

Hope leaned down in her chair as
she watched the two interact.

Sensing the obvious tension in the room
Freya decided to change the subject "look how cute Nik is" she said gesturing to the toddler who was playing with his food.