Chapter 3

It had been a couple of weeks since
camp started and Hope found herself growing closer to Josie, and if you knew Hope that wasn't exactly normal.
Hope never really made new friends, she has had the same friend group since elementary but there was something about Josie. Hope just had to know her, she had to be her friend.

Hope and Josie were lying on Josie's bed
reading one of Hope's books when Lizzie barged through the door looking annoyed at Hope's presence.

"Again? you've been here every night this week go back to your cabin you aren't welcome here" Lizzie rolled her eyes and laid face first on her bed.

"I want her here and we are trying to finish this book Hope recommended," Josie said looking at Lizzie with a frown.

"Yeah well this is my cabin too and
I don't feel like having company over right now" Lizzie said in a muffled voice due to the pillow she was laying on.

"Maybe I should just go-" Hope said starting to get up.

"No" Josie stated firmly and yanked her back onto the bed before looking back at Lizzie
"you are in a worse mood than usual, what happened?".

"Sebastian rejected me! life is the worst!!!" Lizzie said screaming into the pillow.

"That's a little melodramatic don't you think?"
Hope said looking at Josie who gave her a look that told her to shut up and she immediately did.

Lizzie took the pillow off her face and glared at Hope "that's easy for you to say, Hope, you found the love of your life already!".

Hope sighed and looked over at Josie to see what they were gonna do to help Lizzie but Josie looked, sad?.

Hope was about to ask what was wrong when Lizzie suddenly stood up.

"You know what I'm not gonna be sad
I'm gonna show him what he is missing out on like look at me! I'm a catch" Lizzie said flinging her arms up in the air as if to prove a point.

"That's the spirit," Josie said rolling her eyes not sounding very enthusiastic at all.

The night seemed to go smoothly
Hope and Josie managed to finish their book without Lizzie rudely interrupting them again.
But Josie still seemed upset about something
and Hope didn't wanna ask her about it because she was afraid Josie would get even more upset if she had asked.

-

Hope slowly blinked her eyes open
the sun leaking from the crack in the blinds.
Hope took in her surroundings, she had fallen asleep at Josie's. This wasn't the first time
throughout the weeks they have been hanging out she had done this a few times.

Hope felt pressure on her stomach
and looked down to see Josie's arm wrapped around her waist. This also happened a lot
Josie tended to move a lot in her sleep and Hope honestly didn't mind if anything she liked waking up in the girl's arms Josie was warm and smelt like vanilla.