Chapter 25

"I'm assuming your first day wasn't the best?" Rafael said as he saw his girlfriend walk out of her last class.

"My teacher is an asshole! you get one problem wrong on your first day and they get mean" she frowned and the man took her bag and put it over his shoulder.

"Well hopefully tomorrow is better," he said interlocking their hands.

"Doubt it he pretty much made how he feels about me clear" she rolled her eyes as they walked off campus.

"Are you ready for our dinner tonight?" he looked at her.

"I am" she smiled "already have my dress and heels in the closet ready to be worn."

"Great, I've got to go pick up my tux but I'll meet you at your place at 6 so around an hour okay?"

"Okay," she said and leaned up and kissed her boyfriend before parting ways.

As Hope was walking down the street she saw the coffee shop from this morning, she thought back to the message Josie left her on the side of her coffee.

She had been wondering what Josie had been up to all this time it had been two years after all. Her walking slowed down as she saw Josie wiping down one of the tables, it looks like she was closing down.

Hope raised her arm and gently knocked on the coffee shop window.

"We're closed," Josie said kindly through the glass before turning around and stopping when she saw Hope.

Hope waved her hand and the brunette walked over to the entrance and unlocked the door.

"Hey" Hope smiled softly.

"Hey" Josie smiled back.

"Can you make an exception and let me come in?" the auburnette chuckled.

"Yeah of course" Josie stepped aside and the woman walked into the coffee shop.

"So, how long have you been working here?" the shorter girl said sitting down at one of the tables.

"Uh..." Josie said thinking "about a year? after high school, I went right to college but got a part-time job so my fiancé and I could live in our apartment."

"Fiancé? you and Maya are getting married" Hope smiled.

"Yep, the wedding is in May," Josie said taking off her apron.

"Well, I'm happy you found the person you're going to spend the rest of your life with," she said genuinely.

"Thank-You" Josie nodded "you want a coffee? on the house."

"Sure."

As Josie prepared both of them some coffee the girl looked back up at her "so... you and Rafael? how long has that been going on."

"Well, we met at that movie night in the square you invited me to but we didn't start talking until about a year ago... we are actually celebrating our 6 month anniversary today."

"6 months? wow, that's great" Josie said handing her a cup of coffee.

"Yeah it is, he's been really good for me."

Josie sat across from her with a cup of coffee in her hand "I've been wanting to reach out and talk to you but I always thought it was too soon or that you didn't want to talk to me."

"A year ago yeah it might've been too soon... but now I feel I'm in a place where I can talk to you and not feel weird about it."

"It's good to hear that."

Hope looked at her watch and checked the time "I need to get going Raf is taking me to some fancy restaurant soon and I need to shower, and do my hair and makeup but can we do this again sometime? preferably when I don't have anything to do and you don't have work."

Josie smiled and nodded "I'd love to, and you already have my number and know where I work so text me whenever."

Hope nodded before giving the girl a wave goodbye and walking out of the coffee shop.

When Hope opened the door for Rafael she had a red dress that had a slit in it. Her hair was curled and she wore red lipstick with mascara and a bit of blush.

The man swallowed and his eyes trailed over her body "god you look... gorgeous" he said.

"And you look very handsome," Hope said straightening his tie.

"You ready to go?" he said and Hope nodded, linking her arm with her boyfriend.

-

When they walked into the restaurant they walked up to the front and Rafael told the man they had reservations.

"Right this way," the waiter said leading them to a table in the corner of the restaurant.

Rafael pulled the chair out for her and Hope sat down. The waiter gave them both a menu "I'll be back in a moment to get your orders."

"20 dollars for a salad? that's a bit ridiculous" Hope said.

"Order whatever you want babe, it's a special occasion" he smiled.

"Okay... but these meals better come with gold sprinkled on the top... these prices are just..."

"Babe. It's okay I can afford it" he chuckled before looking back down at his menu.

Once they both decided what they wanted they told the waiter their orders.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look today?"

"Only once or twice" she smirked.

"So..." Rafael said.

Hope took a sip of her water and raised an eyebrow at her boyfriend.

"I was thinking..."

Hope furrowed her eyebrows "is something wrong you're acting weird... you aren't breaking up with me, are you? that would be a douchey move to break up with me on our 6-month anniversary..."

"No! no, I'm definitely not breaking up with you" he quickly said.

"Then what's wrong baby."

"I think we should move in together," he said and Hope froze.

"Move in together?"

"Yeah, I already basically live there, I'm there most of the time so why not" he smiled "it's a good idea right?"

"Yeah..."

"Great! I know we've only been together 6 months but I love you and want to wake up in your bed... our bed every morning."

"Yeah, that sounds amazing."

Was she ready for this?

"Here are your meals" the waiter rolled the cart over to the table and set the plates in front of them "enjoy."