Chapter 10

"Alright counselors today I want to merge some of the cabins for today's activity," Alaric said looking at his clipboard.

Hope stood off to the side with Landon while she stared at Josie who was talking to her new friend MG? Hope thinks his name was.

"Hm let's see here," Alaric said tapping his own against his chin "I want Tribrid, Gemini, and Phoenix cabin doing zip lining today so Josie, Hope, and Landon you will be in charge of Twelve kids the zip-lining site Is off the campground so I will have Dorian driving you all on the Salvatore bus."

Hope's heart sank.

She was gonna spend the next few hours with her boyfriend and her- Josie?

"Great he's making us work with trouty mouth" Landon whispered in her ear.

"Stop being mean" Hope rolled her eyes at him and turned her head making eye contact with Josie who gave her a small smile.

When they got on the bus all the kids immediately ran to sit with their friends.
And by the time the counselors got on, there weren't many seat options left which was bad for Hope.

All that remained was a seat in the front of the bus so Hope, Landon, and Josie all had to squeeze into one seat. And Hope of course because she was the smallest had to sit in the middle of them.

"This is ridiculous" Landon mumbled in her ear as he glared at Josie and interlocked his hand with Hope's.

Hope let out a frustrating sigh until she felt Josie hesitantly link their pinkies together in between them so Landon couldn't see.

She didn't know why but this made her get butterflies in her stomach. She hasn't felt like this in... well... ever.

Hope smiled to herself and looked out the window subtly stealing glances of the brunette out of her peripheral vision.

When it was time to get off the bus Josie unlinked their pinkies and immediately walked off the bus instructing the kids to stay in a single file line.

Hope and Landon both got off next Landon had insisted on keeping their hands linked and Hope didn't feel like arguing so she just walked out with him.

"Okay each of us is going to take two of you at a time up to the zip lines you must listen to the instructors okay?" Josie said and the kids nodded immediately.

Hope unlinked their hands before walking over to two students and bringing them over to the vest station.

"Hope can you help me," Josie and Landon said at the same time.

Hope looked between them.