Chapter 19

"This is all unnecessary I'm fine!" Hope said turning in her seat to look at her Aunt who was sitting next to her in front of Cami's office.

"Look I know this all may seem stupid to you, your father didn't like therapy either but I truly do think it will help you to talk through everything that happened to you," the older Mikaelson woman said softly.

"Everything I've been through?? all I did was mess up with Josie you are making it this whole thing I'm fine everything is fine."

"Oh, so everything you went through with Landon was fine?"

Hope kept quiet and the blonde nodded "that's what I thought, you are going to at least try this out for me."

"I don't think I need therapy and I don't like how you're forcing me to go, I'm fine!" the girl gestured to herself.

"See, I don't believe that, you say you are but I don't think that's true, and you won't talk to me, well, not fully... I'm worried about you Hope, just do one session and if you don't find it useful I promise I won't force you to go" the blonde said looking at her niece.

Hope sat there staring at the office before releasing a loud sigh "fine, whatever" she said before getting out and slamming the car door shut to show Freya how mad she was about this whole thing.

When she got into the office the auburnette took a seat, her gaze went around the room. It was plain white with a few chairs and a coffee table that had various magazines on it, many of which were years old.

"Hope, I didn't think you'd show up" she heard Cami say. The girl looked up at the blonde woman seeing her leaning against a doorway, presumably her office.

"Well, I didn't know I was being brought here until like 10 minutes ago" she shrugged.

"Hm, well would you like to come in?" Cami gestured to her office.

"Yeah, I guess" Hope sighed and stood up, making her way into the office where she took a seat on the black couch that was in there.

"I have stress balls and fidget toys on the coffee table if at any point while talking you feel anxious" the woman smiled and took a seat in a chair that was a few feet away from her.

Hope just nodded and crossed her arms, choosing to stare out the big window that was in the office.

"So why did your Aunt bring you here today?" Cami took the cap off her pen and started writing something down.

"Well she called you and set up the appointment... so I think you already know..."

Cami nodded "I do but I'd like you to tell me."

"She is worried about me" Hope shrugged, "she thinks I'm not being open with her."

"Well, are you?"

"Of course I'm not I'm a teenager, It's my job not to be truthful with her, she's like my second mom" the auburnette let out a laugh.

"Well before we go any further I wanted to say whatever you say in here I will not tell anyone, even if I'm a family friend and am close with your Aunts."

Hope leaned back further in her chair and nodded.

"So what have you not been truthful about?" Cami tilted her head.

"Wow getting straight into it are we?"

Cami just silently stared at her and Hope let out a sigh before sitting up straighter "I guess I didn't tell my Aunt the truth about what happened in the room with Landon."

"Would you like to talk about that?"

Hope just stayed silent and looked down at her hands while Cami observed her, noticing the girl was getting a little anxious.

"Okay, how about you tell me a little about Josie?" the blonde asked noticing how Hope immediately looked up with a bright look.

"How would I even begin... she's like the most beautiful girl I've ever seen."

"Your Aunt told me you two were seeing each other?"

"It's complicated, yeah we were, it was an exclusive thing because I had a boyfriend."

"I've also been told things aren't good between you two, what happened there?"

The auburnette reached for the stress ball and squeezed it "uh- she walked in on me and Landon... but it wasn't... I wasn't..." her voice trailed off as she stared at the floor.

"Have you tried explaining to her what happened?"

"Not in person... but she hasn't responded to any of my messages, I think she has me muted."

"Maybe a relationship isn't what you need right now."

"But I love her."

"I know I can very clearly see that, I'm not saying you can't but I'm advising you, you should work on yourself, and work through getting over what Landon did, maybe even give Josie some more space before you explain everything to her."

"I still think you need to process everything..." Cami said.

For the rest of the session, the two just talked about Hopes' life, and what she wanted to do after high school.

-

When Hope went back to the car her Aunt was scrolling through facebook on her phone. The blonde looked up at her and gave her a small smile.

"How was it?"

"I think... i want to do more sessions.