𝟭.𝟭𝟲 | 𝗚𝗛𝗢𝗦𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚

❰❰ ୧ ⋅ ˚ ₊ ·┊ೃ ' 🏹 016

BOHEMIAN ✩ ‧ ₊ ૪
❛ and don't cuss at me! ━━

"𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐃𝐎𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄?", The unsteady fear in Jenny's voice caused Bowie to uncross his anxious arms from over his chest and narrow his eyes in alarm. The blonde stood at the door, holding her little boy against her hip━ the toddler's cheeks tinted red from the cold of the fridge. Jenny looked startled, her eyes scanning between them at the door.

"Hey, Jenny," Sam responds, "Um, this is Missouri━"

"What's wrong." Bowie cuts in abruptly, stepping an inch forward. His fist curled against the red leash that locked Stevie's harness━ the dog himself sniffed the air inside on high alert, "Did something happen?"

He knew something had without her having to say it. He could feel it crawl up the sides of his arms and settle in the back of his neck.

She grows defensive, not wanting to talk about things that would make her seem like she was losing her mind, "Nothing, just. . .toddlers getting into trouble."

Dean frowns, "Ease up," He mumbles to his brother, turning back to Jenny with a kind smile, "If it's not too much trouble, we were hoping to show her the house, for old time's sake."

Jenny shakes her head, "No. You know, this isn't a good time. I'm kind of busy." She turns around, hands on the door to shut it, but Dean steps forward in urgency.

"Listen, Jenny, it's important━ow!" He winced at the slap against the back of his head, whipping his neck around to stare at Missouri with wide eyes.

"Give the poor girl a break," She scolds, "Is your brother the only one who can see that she's upset?" Bowie smirks at Dean, "Forgive this boy, he means well. He's just not the sharpest tool in the shed, but hear me out."

Jenny swallowed nervously, "About what?"

"About this house."

"What are you talking about?" She falters.

"I think you know what I'm talking about," Missouri continues, "You think there's something in this house, something that wants to hurt your family. Am I mistaken?"

Jenny's breath goes unsteady, "Who are you?"

"We're people who can help," Bowie responds, "Who can stop whatever this thing is but you're gonna have to trust us a little," He paused, "Trust me and I'll give you my word that your kids will be safe."

He knew that was all she worried about. He could see every ounce of hesitation on her face but the thought of her children's safety seemed to override the insane feeling she felt. He can sense, without even knowing Jenny, that she was willing to put her life on the line for her children.