𝟭.𝟮𝟲 | 𝗧𝗛𝗜𝗡𝗚𝗦 𝗟𝗘𝗙𝗧 𝗨𝗡𝗦𝗔𝗜𝗗

❛ ⋆ ˚。 ꗃ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟐𝟔

❛ ⋆ ˚。 ꗃ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟐𝟔. . .  ❜ 🔪 ࿐
🔦 👻 ❪  𝗲𝗽𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗱𝗲 20, 𝘀𝗲𝗮𝘀𝗼𝗻 𝟬𝟭  ❫
' this is real '

( details of gore. )

Dean felt like the Impala hadn't been this quiet since the day they picked 13-year-old Bowie up from that Motel room in 1994. In truth, Dean felt like it was so tense that even breathing wrong would set Sam and John off. The oldest in the backseat with his hands clasped in front of him. Sam was staring out of the window in thought.

"We need to call Katherine," Sam speaks up, his throat raw and dry. He looked only for a second at John through the mirror then adds, "And Bobby."

"Let's not get ahead of ourselves," John more commanded than suggested, rolling his neck and stretching out his shoulder blades in the back, "We got a hunt to finish."

Dean jaw clenched suddenly, narrowing his green eyes to the road at his words.

Sam responds for them, "If any deserves to know right now, it's Bobby."

John licked his front teeth, holding back a remark he knew would cause a scene. Instead, he hums, looking to Dean, "Let's get to the Motel first, set up for the day." He suggests smoothly, "Hell, I'll call Bobby myself."

"I got it," Dean cuts in, the feeling of speaking up spreading anxiety through his chest, "I owe Bobby a hell of an apology for going through his stuff without askin' anyways."

Dean rolls his eyes at the thought of being cussed out by Bobby Singer.

"Dean, music, will you?"

The oldest son nods at the command, turning up whatever cassette was playing. The familiar sound of violins starts to play. Both Sam and Dean felt gut-punched at the sound, locking eyes.

Dean would rather have a thousand more of these if it meant Bowie was here to make them.

Sam would drive down this highway for the rest of his life if it meant he could say how sorry he was to his brother. Regretting the anger he felt towards him about Max, about things Sam knew Bowie couldn't really control.