|•••

Cole

We all hopped out of the car as soon as Justin parked it on the side of the road. He had taken us to a decent sized patch of forest close to the edge of town. Justin ended up staying in the car saying he wanted to get a good nap in before he had work tonight. So I guess I'll see him fully shift another time. I was visibly excited to see all my friends shift, seeing as I've never experienced something like this before.

We walked a bit deeper into the forest instead of staying on the edge. When we got to a medium sized clearing, everyone placed their clothes in a clear spot along with their bags and phones. We all planned to go swimming another day so I can see Mako's form. Everyone was pretty chill about it, though Jungso seemed a tad nervous.

"Woo! We haven't done this in a hot minute! Let's hope my flying isn't bad." Rain said as she did a quick stretch.

As I was thinking about what Jungso and Rain's dragon's would look like I realized something.

"Hey Nat as a witch, do you have a shift or do you just have the powers?" I asked as she was drinking some water.

"Duh, it's more than just powers silly. Wouldn't bring a change of clothes if it wasn't. You'll see just wait." She said putting the water bottle down and winking at me, smirking as she did it.

I nodded as I placed my bag and phone down in the same place everyone else did. My eyes were trained on the three of them, ready to see the magic happen. Jungso and Rain both took off their jackets and threw them aside.

The first one to change was Nat. I see Nat's skin go from the dark brown tone, to a pale sage green color. Vines grow and wrap around her arms and leaves cover her top and bottom. They looked like fitted shorts and a tube top on her. Her hair grew long and turned white, while blue flowers bloomed within the strands. Her eyes changed from dark brown to a bright purple, and freckles adorned her face. She was stunning and I was flabbergasted.

After everything settled down, she put her finger to her mouth and whistled. She then stuck out her hand and a long wooden staff came flying into it. She did a small twirl and smiled at me.

"See it's more than just the powers." She said and we both shared a laugh.

Rain looked dazed as she looked at Nat, but quickly snapped out of it as she focused her transformation. She stood tall and spread her arms out to the side. As she jumped and spun around, her form started to appear. What was once a human girl in the air was now a majestic black dragon with gold eyes, shooting up into the sky. As she flew around her scales seem to glimmer slightly with a gold touch to them. She soon landed and looked directly at me, her height equivalent to the trees around her.

'Cole can you here me?' She said but it wasn't out loud.

It was in my mind. I gasped loudly and nodded my head. I was debating on responding out loud, but decided to respond in my head instead.

'Yeah I can! This is so flipping cool! How is it possible?' I thought looking around to see if anyone else is hearing what's happening.

They seem to know that me and rain are having a conversation, but they can't hear exactly what it's about.

'As a dragon, if I am connected to you spiritually I am able to mind link with you at any point in time. Whether I'm in my dragon form or human form.' She said glancing briefly at the others then focusing on me again.

"That's so amazing!!" I chose to say out loud. She sat down, using her tail to move some of the trees out of the way.

Next was Jungso's turn. He got ready like Rain did and did the same move, but as soon as he shifted I gasped out loud. His form was a bright white dragon with glowing vibrant red eyes. I was expecting him to have black scales like Rain but boy was I wrong. Jungso's dragon was jaw dropping. He also had the same gold glimmer on his scales like Rain, though his was way more prominent than hers.

As he takes flight higher into the sky, I notice that he has red markings on the inner areas of his wings. His dragon just seemed to be full of surprises. He settled back down on the ground and looked at me.

'Do I look okay?' He asked slightly nervous. He seem to keep himself from looking directly at me.

'I thought Rain's dragon was amazing, I mean it still is but, yours is simply out of this world!' I half shouted in my mind.

He looked away bashfully 'Thanks Cole'

I gave him a smile and turned to Nat as I heard her speak.

"How about we go for a flight Cole?" Nat said.

"Umm how am I supposed to fly?" I asked confused.

She stuck out her staff and suddenly I was rising up in the air.

"Woah a little warning please!" I said startled by her lifting me.

"Oh sorry hehe." She laughed out.

She placed me on Jungso's back and then got on Rain. I sat there awkwardly as we got ready to take off.

'you might wanna hold on, the wind is really strong when we first take off the ground' Jungso spoke as he extended his wings out.

I wrapped my arms around his neck loosely, and tried to stay calm. He soon began flapping his wings and we slowly lifted from the ground. As soon as we got above the trees both Jungso and Rain shot up into the sky. I tightened my grip as I felt like I was almost falling off. We stopped mid air and were at a stand still in the air. I could see all of the town from where we were. And in that moment I felt happy to call this place my new home.

"Woah everything is so pretty up here!" I said still awestruck by the view of everything.

'I know right! It never get's old no matter how many times I see it' Jungso said as he began flying in a slow circle around the woods.

I looked up and saw Rain and Nat soaring through the clouds and Nat was laughing her ass off. It caused me to laugh as well.

"We should go join them!" I said looking at how much fun they were having.

'Okay hold on tight" Jungso said as he flew up higher to where they were and started copying Rain's fast flying.

We flew around like that for a while and even had a race with each other. Jungso and I won cause we're just good like that lol. After all the fun we came back down to the clearing and everyone changed back to their human forms. They all quickly got dressed in separate spots of the forest and came back. We all sat there and ate snacks and played around until the sky was dark.

We gathered all our trash and other stuff before heading back to the truck. Nat woke Justin up and he drove us all to Rain's house for us to walk back to our respective homes from their. Justin drove off to work and Nat and I walked home together while Jungso and Rain went into their house.

Today was such a fun day even after the little hiccup with Daisy. Speaking of Daisy I hope that she won't do something like that again. Of course I was in the wrong for spilling her stuff on her but she had no right to slap me and use such a homophobic term on me like that. It makes me feel slightly less guilty about what I did with the spill.

I just hope she'll let it all go and move on. . .