-••

Cole

'Lovers?' I thought, seeing if I could connect my mind to Rain.

She perked up upon hearing my voice in her head.

'Yes, the way you guys act around each other is the embodiment of the word lovers. He literally has his arm around you right now!!!' Rain said as she looked back and forth between me and Jungso.

I blushed and looked down, how did I not notice it? I looked up and Rain was giving me a 'told you so' look.

'But that doesn't mean anything. I mean I wish it would...'I said and she grinned and laughed. Though it was out loud and drew the gang's attention.

Everyone looked at her, confused at what she was laughing about. I went stiff and Rain looked back at me, still laughing a bit.

"What's funny Rain?" Justin asked.

"Oh nothing really, Cole just said something funny in his head, but he mind linked me accidentally, so I heard it as well." She said as her laugh finally died down.

It was believable enough that everyone let it go and continued their conversation.

'Rain, you'll be the death of me.' I said shaking my head.

She winked and we both smiled at each other.

'Also Cole whats your shirt, pants, and shoe sizes? I need them for the shoot.' Rain asked.

'I'll text it to you, that way, you can have it written down and won't forget.' I said getting out my phone.

'Okay great thank you!' She gave me a smile and pulled out her phone to await my text.

After I sent the info we put our phones down and listened to the groups conversation. We all continued talking and Jungso kept his arm around me. I tried not to think about it too much, though it was hard, since Rain now mentioned it. The bell soon rang and we separated to our respective classes.

Few days later

Friday came faster than expected and I found myself panicking, and slightly nervous. Why out of all the people she could choose, she chose me. What if I mess up the pictures?Oh, why didn't she get more professional people for this, like models. Cause I'm certainly NOT good enough for this.

The stress was really eating at me today because I didn't have anyone or anything to distract me from it. I wasn't at school today because I woke up late and my mom allowed me to just stay home. I think she could see the stress that had been slowly flooding my brain all week. I got up from my comfortable position on my bed and grabbed some simple clothes from my closet. I closed the closet door while holding my clothes, and went to take a quick shower before putting them on.

For my top, I was wearing an oversized purple hoodie with small off-white printed letters saying, 'I'm too lazy for this~'. Then for bottoms, I just went with some slightly fitted off-white joggers. I decided to just put my glasses on, rather than struggle to put on my contacts. I tied the upper part of my hair back and slid on my shoes. (See the photo above. Not what he looks like and his hair is somewhat darker.)

It was almost time for school to let out, so I was going to grab my favorite drink from a cafe nearby before heading over to Rain's. It should give them enough time to get to their house so I don't have wait outside awkwardly. I grabbed my wallet, phone, house keys, my fidget ring, and my contacts as a just incase.

I made my way to the cafe and when I walked in, my nose was immediately bombarded with the smell of coffee. It made me smile with delight. I walked over to the front counter and greeted the cashier before placing my order. I would usually get an iced coffee and a brownie but, I was weary about the photoshoot, so I chose to pick something else. Instead, I chose to get a Dragon fruit lemonade and a bagel. I paid the cashier and sat patiently for my order to be completed.

My order finished relatively quickly and, soon enough, my name was called. I walked up to the counter and grabbed my things, thanking the lady who handed me my food. Then I made my way out the door and ate my bagel on the way over to Rain's house.

When I arrived I had my trash in one hand and my drink in the other. I was getting ready to knock on the door when it swung open out of nowhere. My alarmed eyes meet Rain's eyes that are brimming with excitement.

"YESS, YOU'RE HERE!!" She shouted as she pulled me into a hug.

I gave her a hug back and we walked inside the house.

"You came at a great time, I was just talking with Rei about what should be your first outfit for the shoot." She said taking the trash out of my hand and placing it in the trashcan near the kitchen doorway.

"Rei? Is that the stylist you were telling me about last night?" I asked slightly remembering that name being mentioned.

"Yep! They're great at makeup, fashion, and photography! We met at an art museum, where we were both presenting our photography portfolios. They're upstairs now setting up their stuff." Rain said as we walked upstairs.

As we entered her room I saw racks lined with clothes, light stands, a table covered with makeup products, and a spinny chair. I finally looked at the 'amazing' Rei that I had heard so much about. I was stunned by how gorgeous they were. They had pretty curly brown hair with blonde highlights. Along with bright caramel brown eyes and honey-like, sun-kissed skin. Their hair was at their shoulders and looked as though it was handcrafted by the heavens.

I found myself tongue-tied and unable to speak.

"Hey I'm Rei! You must be Cole. It's so nice to meet you!" They said, giving me the most gorgeous smile I have ever seen.

They stuck out their hand and I extended mine to shake theirs. I finally found my words and smiled back.

"It's nice to meet you as well, I've heard so many good things about you. I can't wait to see how good you are!" I said as I looked around at the stuff they had everywhere.

"I'm glad it was good things, and I can't wait to get you styled, it's going to be so much fun working with you." They said as they leaned up against the makeup table.

I sat down in Rain's floating chair and something came to mind.

"Oh! I just realized someone's missing. Where's Jungso, Rae?" I asked, seeing as, if he was coming from school he would be here by now.

"Oh he texted me saying that he had something he had to finish real quick at the school and then he'd come home. I'm sure he'll be here soon." She said also taking a seat on the edge of her bed.

"Oh okay, at least we have time to get to know each other better." I said looking over to Rei.

"You're right, let's make the most out of our time." Rei said taking a seat in the spinny chair.

We began talking with each other and Rei is so fun to be around. Turns out they're human like me, and they actually come from California. Their grandparents live here so they visit often. Their grandparents seemed to be some the few humans that grew up here knowing about magic within this town. They are only here for the week and then they have to go back to Cali, sadly. We have planned to hang out before they leave. The three of us will make the most out it for sure.

We continued talking as we waited for Jungso to arrive...