Chapter Three

Major thanks to my lovely friend WisteriaMoon, who agreed to proofread this chapter and fix the errors I overlooked.

This chapter is a bit shorter than the previous one, let's just say that chapter three is more like a filler.

Nonetheless .... Enjoy !

˜ Chapter Three ˜

The Great Hall was lit by candles that were floating in midair over the four long tables, where the rest of the students were sitting. They were laughing and chatting with their friends.

Hermione glanced upward and saw a velvety black ceiling covered with stars, she smiled as she recognized it as the bewitched ceiling from her first year at Hogwarts.

Hermione sighed heavily as she took her seat between Harry and Ron.

" What took you so long ?" Harry frowned.

She shrugged as she scanned the table for something to eat.

" You missed dinner." Ron said while he took a sip of his pumpkin juice.

" I'm well aware of that…I would have been here sooner but the situation in the hall took a little longer than expected. "

" So what was going on ? "

" I caught a first year student fighting."

Harry nodded as he offered Hermione a piece of his pudding which she gratefully accepted.

" Well why didn't you just give him a warning. That would have saved you a lot of time."

" It was a bit more complicated." She answered.

" Care to explain?" Ron asked curiously.

Hermione didn't respond immediately as she listened to professor McGonagall's speech.

Another year at Hogwarts has arrived.
To the new students welcome and to the old students welcome back for a magical year.
A year full of learning, making friends, but most importantly discovering yourself.
Now may I ask that the first year students to take a step forward.
When I call your name, you may take place on this chair.

Professor Mcgonagall unrolled the parchment she was holding in her hands and started to announce the names in alphabetical order.

Ron took this opportunity to interrogate Hermione further.

" So what was so special about a first year fighting?"

" He was arguing with an older boy, a much older boy." She answered.

" An older boy? That boy has guts." Harry smiled.

" Indeed. When I was a first year I was afraid to come near an older student –" Ron commented " – but still, I don't know why that fight was so complicated that you missed almost the entire diner."

Bostock Declan, Ravenclaw.

" Because that older boy is our new Head Boy." Hermione growled as she watched the Ravenclaw students applauding for their new house member.

The last words caught Ginny's attention and with one swift movement she turned around, so she was facing the trio.

" Did you say Head Boy?" She grinned as she leaned a little closer to Hermione.

" Yes, I did."

" You don't sound very enthusiastic." Ginny frowned and Harry nodded in agreement.