Chapter Nine

˜ Chapter Nine ˜

Hermione ran as fast as she could; her heart racing in her chest. She was trying to process everything that had happened in the past ten minutes.

But somehow she couldn't wrap her mind around it. How could she dream of such a person.

Password.' Salazar Slytherin called out impatiently.

Hermione looked up with a startled expression, written all over her face. Her feet had carried her to the Heads' dorm without her even realising it.

'Are you deaf !'

' I ...Uhm...' Oh darn it. How could she not remember the password. This was not like her, she always knew every single password by heart.

Hermione bit her bottom lip nervously, several possibilities crossed her mind; some even more ludicrous than the others.

She could hear Salazar tapping his feet against the frame of his painting; humming an old Wizard melody Hermione didn't know.

I am waiting Miss Granger. I don't have all day.'

Wattlefish !' Hermione blurted out, earning mocking laughter.

'Wattlefish ?' Salazar scoffed, 'alas , I must inform you that your so-called password is incorrect. '

Hermione looked at him, her brown eyes scanning his face. She didn't miss the delight written in his eyes.

This was too much, she couldn't handle both the knowledge that Malfoy was her mysterious dream man and the stubbornness of Salazar Slyhterin.

Hermione took a deep breath : " I'm sorry I must have forgotten the password."

Apparently'

She ignored his witty remark and continued.

" But you know who I am. I've been walking through these doors for a month now, I never caused any problems. So for once, can't you make an exception?"

Are you really that naive ? Did you really think that your pity party would work with me ?'

" I wasn't trying ..."

He shook his head, not trying to hide the sarcastic grin that was gracing his lips. ' Of course you were. I can see it in your eyes.' He paused for a moment, 'I have you all figured out Miss Granger.'

Hermione didn't say a word, she knew that he was trying to get under her skin. He never accepted her as a worthy Head Girl. She was just a pathetic person, who should be sent back to where she belongs.

And she wouldn't give him the satisfaction by responding.