Chapter Five

The next few days, Hermione kept repeating Ginny's words in her head over and over again. 

Every time he insulted her, every time he pushed her to her limits; she kept thinking about those four words : ' He just wants attention'.

And everyday it became harder to fight the urge to give it to him

" So, what class is next ?" Ron asked casually as he walked beside Harry and Hermione through the hallway.

" Honestly Ron, we have been here for a month. Don't you think it's time to know your schedule by now ?" Hermione hissed, clearly annoyed by his lack of interest for school.

" It was just a question." Ron mumbled.

" A question you have been repeating every single day."

" Merlin Mione, what's gotten into you ?"

" Nothing." She huffed, while trying to avoid any kind of eye contact.

They walked a few feet in silence before Harry sighed and turned a little so he could look at her properly.

" Ron is right. Ever since you became Head Girl, you act differently." He said carefully, not wanting to start an argument.

" And how is that ?"

" You are acting....well...cold. It seems like your mind is always somewhere else."

" Cold ? I'm cold? Well thank you for the compliment Harry !" Hermione mocked, watching him with wide eyes.

" I'm sorry Mione . I just want to know if there's something we need to know, something you aren't telling us ?"

Hermione stared at him for a moment, wondering if she had to tell him how Draco was treating her but she quickly shook her head. 

She was old enough to fight her own battles.

" No. Now if you'll excuse me, I don't know about you two but I don't want to be late for class."

She knew she was acting ridiculous, but at this point she didn't care.

She turned on her heels and started to walk away from them : " Oh and in case you still don't know it. We have Potions." And with this said, she left.

Harry and Ron quickly exchanged looks when Hermione disappeared behind the corner.

" Well, isn't she miss sunshine." Ron grumbled as he started to walk in the same direction Hermione did.

" Something is wrong." Harry commented.

" Of course not. You know Hermione, she has the ability to change her mood in a second. One day, she can be so friendly, it scares me and the next she is like that." Ron responded, waving his hand at the spot where Hermione had been standing not so long ago.

" She only changes when you are nearby." Harry laughed, earning a growl from his best friend.

" Not funny, mate. Come on let's go to class before Slughorn gets a heart attack; when he doesn't see his favourite student."

Harry smiled and nodded, following Ron as they made their way to Potions. He pushed the feeling that something was wrong with Hermione to the back of his mind, deciding he would wait until she felt confident enough to tell him everything.

The dungeon was filled with students, who were waiting for their professor to arrive.

Hermione was standing at the end of the line, watching three Slytherins arguing about the upcoming Quidditch game. 

Behind the three boys, she saw Draco and Pansy. He was leaning against the wall, his head turned away from Pansy's searching lips. 

Pansy pouted as she looked at him before she mumbled a few words Hermione couldn't hear.