Chapter Four

˜ Chapter Four ˜ 

Rays of moonlight seeped through the glass of her window. 

Hermione turned around in her bed, slowly opening her eyes. 

She had sworn that she had heard something moving outside her bedroom door. 

She concentrated, trying to hear something suspicious but there was nothing ,only silence. 

Hermione sighed; a small laugh escaped her lips. Of course she was just imagining things; this was the first night she slept in an unfamiliar room, in a strange bed. This was bound to happen. 

She closed her eyes once again.  

Knock knock 

'Just sleep, there is nothing there. This is just your imagination.' She thought. 

Knock knock 

' Ignore it. It will stop if you ignore it.' 

Knock knock

Hermione growled as she pushed herself on her elbows. 

She expected the noise to stop any minute but it didn't. It only grew louder and louder until it became unbearable. 

With a heavy sigh, she threw her silky, red golden sheets off of her. 

Hermione was determined to find out where the noise came from. 

She opened her bedroom door and stepped into the common room. 

And there he was, standing in the middle of the room only wearing his silky green boxer shorts. 

Hermione narrowed her eyes a little, trying to figure out what he was doing. 

She watched him lifting his arm, muttering a few words. The next thing she knew a little black trunk was floating through the air and landed on the ground rather hard. 

"Malfoy, what the bloody hell are you doing?" she whispered after a few minutes. 

He didn't even turn around as he answered her. 

" I thought it would be a good time to rearrange the furniture." 

" In the middle of the night?" 

" Of course.....now is perfect." He smirked. 

" Well stop it ! I'm trying to sleep." 

" Nope." He said, popping the 'p'. 

" Enough, this is also my room and I have a say in it too." 

"Whatever pleases you, Granger." 

Hermione stared at him for a moment, noticing the mockery in his grey eyes. 

" This isn't going to work, you know." She gritted through her teeth. 

" What isn't going to work?" He asked, as he continued his actions over and over again. 

" You, trying to annoy me. It isn't going to work. You have been irritating me for the last six years. Trust me I can handle one more year. " 

Draco shook his head at her, as if he just heard the most absurd thing in the world.  

He slowly placed his wand on the table and crossed his arms over his chest. 

" Before the end of the term, you will be begging Mcgonagall to take back your Head Girl's badge." 

Hermione rolled her eyes at him: "that will never happen, Malfoy." 

" We'll see."  

And with that said he grabbed his wand and muttered under his breath, letting the furniture float through the common room again.