Chapter Thirteen

Many thanks to my readers, reviewers and to my beta WisteriaMoon

˜ Chapter Thirteen ˜

Here she was once again, standing before her mirror.

She grinned at her reflection before her eyes wandered off.  The rain was still tapping viciously against her small window.

It had been pouring like this for days now. It even seemed as if  the sky only knew one colour, grey.

Trees had been stripped from their leaves , the lake was covered with a thin layer of ice.

The entire setting of the school was almost turned into its own winter wonderland.

The change of season came fast and was quite unwelcome.

No more hummingbirds singing their summer melody.

No more beams of warm sunlight.

It was clear that autumn had arrived.

A gloomy atmosphere had taken control over Hogwarts.

But the winter blues hadn’t reached Hermione Granger. Ever since she had allowed the potion to take over her body, she had felt a new kind of sensation.

It was devouring her and she loved every minute of it.

Hermione knew that she had changed, she felt different and deep down she wondered if there was still a little of her old self in there.

She also knew that she was probably the only one who felt that she wasn’t the same person anymore.

Nobody had noticed how her eyes turned darker when she allowed herself to slip into a daydream.

Nobody knew that she kept a secret.

Of course they didn’t.

Every time Harry, Ron or even Ginny saw her, Hermione was too busy making her homework or reading.

She was always busy with school or with her prefect duties. And she made sure that she made time to make a remark or give a little preach when she thought Harry and Ron needed it.

No one noticed the difference.

Well almost no one did.

There was one boy  who had seen the change in her from the very beginning.

Hermione’s grin grew wider as she moved her eyes towards her bed.

The white bathrobe, she was wearing earlier today, was still laying on top op of her red sheets.

Without taking her eyes off the piece of clothing , she rose from her seat and stretched her hand until her fingers touched the soft fabric.

She could still feel the memory lingering in the robe as the moonlight cast a shadow over her bedroom.

This is it.  This is how it feels when jealousy takes control over your entire body.’ Hermione thought bitterly before she let herself fall onto her bed.

Her eyes still fixated on the door.

How could he be such an ignorant fool ?

Did the day she kissed him didn’t make anything clear to him ?  Or the words she muttered afterwards ?

How could he not know that there was something wrong with her and that he had something to do with it?

With a frustrated groan, Hermione’s hand grabbed the red pillow, that was laying next to her and let it rest on her stomach, her hands holding it firmly into place.