Chapter Seventeen

It had been exactly two hours since Draco had left Hermione, remembering that it was his turn to patrol the halls of Hogwarts.

Before he had rushed off, he had tossed his scarf into her lap; teasing her that he didn’t want her to turn into an ice queen.

She had rolled her eyes at him and had continued looking at him until he'd disappeared behind the door... completely out of sight.

 At this point Hermione was still sitting on the same bench, fiddling with the hem of Draco’s scarf.

On the other side of the lake the sun was almost hidden away behind the large trees. The only thing that could be seen, was the soft orange glow it was casting upon the landscape.

The shadows were taking over.

As she was looking how day was turning into night, a smile graced her lips. She was glad that this day was almost over.

Fragments of how Ron’s face had turned red when she had blurted out everything that had happened between her and Draco and how he had stormed out of the Great Hall were running through her mind.

Hermione had known that telling her friends wouldn’t be easy, she had expected their reactions and of course she couldn't blame them... she would have reacted in the same way.

But she had to say that she was astonished at the way Harry had stayed so calm. She had thought that he would be the one to cause a hissy – fit.

Her eyes wandered towards the scarf she was still holding in her hands.

Lost in her thoughts.

She had to know who had given her that potion and most importantly, she wanted to know why that person had done all of this.

What was the reason?

Hermione had been thinking about this for the past few hours but no matter how hard she tried, she couldn’t find any answer or clue.

And the questions kept coming.

Why Phantasiac? 

How had they given her the potion without her even knowing it?

There were so many mysteries that she needed to solve, and all of them seemed impossible to figure out.

It was becoming more and more frustrating.

Hermione let out a heavy sigh; putting the scarf in the pocket of her cloak. 

And then there was Draco.

She still hadn’t talked to him properly about everything that was going on between them. She hated how easily distracted she got when he started to kiss her every time he wanted to change the subject.

Even though she liked that part of their bonding, she still hoped to add more depth to their new relationship.

She wanted to know him.

The real him.

A shiver ran down Hermione’s spine.

Something wasn’t right.

She quickly turned around; scanning the area for something out of the ordinary.

She'd felt restless since Draco had made his way back to the Castle. Somehow she got the feeling that someone was watching her every move, observing her.

And it wasn’t a comfortable feeling that was rushing through her veins.

Hermione narrowed her eyes, trying to subtract something from the shadows, something that didn’t belong there.