Chapter Sixteen

Many thanks to every single one of my readers....ords can not express how amazing you all are.

This chapter has been beta'd by wisteriamoon.

~ Chapter Sixteen ~

Morning came too soon.

The beams of sunlight covered the entire room in a soft autumn glow. The wind made soft noises as the branch of a large tree swiftly knocked on the window.

Outside clouds were settling in, the sky turning into a dark shade of grey ...rain would be coming.

Hermione stirred a little, slowly opening her eyes. With a sigh, she tried to adjust her eyes to the setting of the room.

She didn't want to wake up, she wanted to stay in this bed for as long as she could.

Hermione turned around as quietly as she could, not wanting to wake up Draco. She looked at him and couldn't help but smile as she saw how peaceful he seemed to be.

No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't think of a moment when she'd seen him looking like the way he did right now.

Most of the time he looked angry or frustrated. He rarely smiled and if he did it was never genuine; there was always something hidden behind it.

But not this time.

"You are staring."

Hermione rolled her eyes at him even though she knew he couldn't see it, because his eyes were still closed.

"I am not."

"Even when I can't see you, I know that you are lying." Draco snorted.

She didn't answer, instead she pulled up the green sheets until they reached her chin. A sudden feeling of vulnerability rushed over her.

Draco slowly opened his eyes when he turned his head to face her. "I didn't mean to upset you."

Hermione didn't know why she did it but she felt relieved when a loud laugh escaped her lips. Draco looked at her with a doubtful expression, written all over her his face.

"Malfoy, don't tell me you are already turning soft after one night." She grinned, noticing how he relaxed back into his pillow.

"I would never do that."

"Good." She nodded, "I wouldn't want you to act any different."

Once Hermione had spoken those words, she knew that they weren't true. They could never go back to normal, not after everything that had been said and had been done between them.

And it seemed as if Draco felt the same way, "We need to talk about what happened."

"I know."

"I am not going to act like it didn't happen."

"You're not?" Hermione couldn't hide the surprised tone in her voice.

Draco shook his head, "I see no reason to...I don't regret last night."

"So you will talk to me in public in the same way you are talking to me right now?"

"Yes."

"Will you act as if you like me when everyone is watching?"

"I don't have to act." He paused for a moment, "And to answer your question: probably yes."

"And you don't mind that your friends will know about it?"

Draco sighed, "Bloody hell, Granger. Is this an interrogation? No, I don't care. I've changed and now I am at a point in my life that I don't care what others think of me."