[Old] Shijima Mei

I love her sm omg
Mei x reader
Enjoy :)

Everyday after school, you'd sit on the bus stop bench in front of Kamome Academy, but you'd never actually get on the bus. Everyday, your ride home would stop right in front of you and open the doors, waiting for you to get on. But you never did. You would just sit there on the bench, looking around the at the scenery before you, sometimes humming a short tune or full-on singing.

That was something you did often when you were alive, so you continued to do it when you were dead. Because why not? You lead your own afterlife #Girlboss

You understood that being a spirit tied to the school meant you could only go so far. The bench you sat on everyday allowed you to take in the scenery outside the school while still technically remaining on school grounds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You sighed contently, looking up to the bright sky above you. A few green trees swayed in the breeze, their leaves falling and fluttering in the wind.

A few students walked by you, chatting with each other. You froze, still worried about them thinking you were strange for never leaving even though they couldn't even see you in the first place.

You brought your head back, resting it on the back of the bench. From the corner of your eye, you spotted a bit of brown hair poking out. You turned your head fully to see a girl staring right down at you with curious, cyan eyes.

Neither of you said anything, instead just observing each other. The girl had messy brown hair that was tied into two braids that rested on her shoulders, as well as tousled and messy bangs on her forehead. She wore a pair of round glasses and some uniform you didn't recognize. Perhaps she was a student from another school.

"Mystery girl", as you named her, held a sketchbook close to her chest, still staring at you. She then looked down at it and took out a pencil form behind her ear and began to sketch something, looking down at you every now and then. Her face got a little redder as she glanced at you, the sound of pencil against paper the only thing you heard.

You finally decided to speak up, confused as to why this girl was just staring at you and drawing.

"...Are you drawing me?"

Mystery girl looked surprised as she just stared at you, mouth pressed into a thin line and her eyes wide. Her blush deepened and she failed to form a full sentence as she fixed her glasses.

"U-uhmm, n- ye- no. No, I wasn't. Y-you can see me?" She stuttered out, putting her pencil in the pocket of her uniform blazer.

You smirked and nodded slowly. "I can see you, for sure. Why wouldn't I? But how can you see me?"

The girl cleared her throat before giving you a bright smile, holding out her hand. "I'm Mei Shijima! The fourth wonder of Kamome Academy! I-it's pleasure to meet you!" Mei beamed down at you. You took her hand and shook it.

"Y/N L/N. Nice to meet you too. I'm just a ghost that's bound to the school, not quite a wonder," you replied, still holding onto the girl's hand. She noticed and quickly let go, smiling awkwardly as her face got slightly redder.

"Ah, I see! No wonder we can see each other," Mei laughed. You chuckled as well. "Well, sorry about before, I just thought you were quite cute, so I thought I'd just.. sketch you," Mei mumbled that last part, a little embarrassed.

"Nah, it's okay, I don't mind," you replied nonchalantly, trying to seem composed and cool. Internally, you were panicking over a cute girl calling you cute.

Shijima giggled and put her hands behind her back. "Well, Y/N, want to be friends? I'd love to get to know more about you," she beamed at you, her hair swaying with the light breeze. You stared at the girl, face heating up a bit.

"O-of course! I'd love to!" You stood up quickly, smoothing out your pants. Mei chuckled at your flustered expression and nodded.

"Then, I'll see you around, Y/N. Goodbye!" And just like that, the girl was gone. You sighed and sat back down, putting your hands to your face to calm yourself down. You took a minute to process what had just happened. A cute girl drew you, called you cute, and offered to be friends with you. You smiled, happy to have made your first friend.

You were excited to see Mei again the next day.

I love her sm aaa anyways hope this was okay! Shes hella underrated and I was bored, so I decided to make some dumb oneshsot thing ^^ hope u enjoyed