Princess- Nene

Late bday and 20k reads special thing! Thanks so much for the support <33
Also it's a little long (well over 5k words lolzies)

Sorta has Brave vibes lmfao but it took too long to make so... 😔😕

~~~

The life of royalty most certainly wasn't for just anyone. It required time, focus, diligence and discipline almost all hours of the day. And it was tiring. That had to be your biggest complaint; the meetings back-to-back, the festivals you had to host, the experience you still had to gain. Everyone needs a release, right? A vent, an escape, a happy place. Well, yours was just in your backyard- behind your personal courtyard was the large, thriving, enchanted forest that separated you and another opposing kingdom. Actually, it was a long, winding stream that was considered the border. Cross it, and you're technically in a whole 'nother kingdom. It was uncommon to see others there, especially so close to the king's and queen's castle. No one would dare.
The forest was always bright and gleaming and the wildlife thrived and was lush and it gave you all the comfort and joy you needed to persevere in your duties. Your own little heaven, you thought of it as.

★†★†★

You exhaled a slow and steady breath from your nose as you stood up from the long, oak table in the meeting room.

"Thank you for coming, everyone. Have a safe journey home," you said as people began dispersing out the doors.

Once everyone had left, you huffed and began tidying up after them; pushing in all the large wooden chairs and fixing the back pillows, organizing paperwork for later, and giving the table a good wipe.

Once finished, you felt your mood lift at the thought of taking a quick walk outside in the forest before you had lessons in the afternoon. It sounded lovely to bring your horse down to explore the wilderness or drink from the pure stream.

You packed a bag full of small snacks, a map, and a dagger, just in case, and headed outside.

You grabbed your horse from the stables and hitched a saddle and all the other necessities needed, heading out to the forest immediately after.

---

You sighed contently as you sat by the stream on a somewhat clean rock. You'd used your handkerchief to wipe off any dirt or moss that sat atop it, but it wouldn't matter anyways.

Admiring the bright, gleaming water of the long stream, you crouched down and cupped your hands under the seemingly glittering water and brought it to your lips, taking a long sip.

You raised your head when you heard a small gasp from across the stream. Your eyes met a pair of bright, magenta ones. You recognized her as a princess, judging by her clothes, and based on the colors of her skirts and bows, she was one from the opposing kingdom. You recoiled back quickly and wiped your hands on your own clothes, not caring for stains.

"Oh, um... Hello there," you greeted politely, dipping your head once hesitantly. The princess straightened her posture and gave you a curtsey.

"Hello, I didn't expect to see you here."

"Neither did I," you admitted before pausing to get up, dusting your bottoms off. "Well, I should be leaving."