[Old] Mitsuba x Reader

Guess who just lost her first softball game <33 anywyas I hv to update at some point so have Mistuba 😒 jkjk love him

GN reader cuz yeah

•••

You furrowed your brows in confusion as you stood before the male in front of you.

"Sousuke? Yeah, he moved I think. Sorry. Didn't he tell you?"

No the fuck he didn't. You huffed in frustration and went to another to ask. It's been over a month and you were getting worried. Mitsuba was missing, his mother wouldn't pick up when you called and neither did he. Did something happen?

"M...Mitsuba... Sousuke? Who's that? I've never heard of a Mitsuba Sousuke around here."

"He's in this very class with us! How could you not- ugh!"

"[Name], you sure you're not going crazy? Haah, this is just like you. So into spirits and ghosts, maybe he's one now!"

You grimaced and walked off, tears threatening your eyes with their ususal burn.

You plopped down in your seat. His number remained the same, but he never answered your hundreds hundred calls and texts. It was worrying, obviously. Was he ghosting you? What did you do? Damn, that really hurt coming from your best friend and even your biggest crush.

You sniffled and choked out a sob. Students turned their heads to face you as they gazed at your teary eyes and red cheeks.

"Oh no, they're crying..."

"Oof, must not have taken it well, huh?"

"Yikes. Hope they get a hold of themself soon..."

You wiped your tears quickly as the teacher walked in and stuffed your phone into your bag, forgetting his existence from then on. It was as if he'd never existed in your life at all.

---

You blinked slowly, your eyes refusing to sync up, almost as if you were giving the chalkboard two slow winks. You yawned, you were too tired for this. You reached up and gently pressed your fingertips to your dark circles on one eye. You knew they were there. It was 9 in the morning and you barely slept a wink all night, too busy staring up at the ceiling and giving the open spaces to your sides occasional glances just to be safe.

You were paranoid. That's what it was; your issue. You'd seen the same ghostly, blurry figure roaming the halls by your side for the past week or so and it was honestly beginning to freak you out. Nobody seemed to notice it besides you. That made it all 10x worse. Not to mention the latest rumors of some weird locker ghost. Although it hadn't bothered you quite yet, you feared the day it decided to make a move. Not to mention, it looked painfully familiar, almost like someone you remembered knowing or losing at some point. Maybe they were coming for you. You shuddered at the thought.

You couldn't shake off the feeling of someone following you constantly, a pair of eyes boring into your back and disappearing the second you turned to face them. It was freaky, and sudden, to say the least.