ForRest- Sakura

silly green lady go brr

~~~

You wandered through the thick forest. It was nearing sunset and you knew your cats were waiting for you back at home. You just hoped they hadn't clawed through your every belonging.

Your stomach growled and you sighed. You just wanted to be home.

You looked up and saw a reassuring sight; the opening to the forest. You sighed in relief and picked up your pace, a slight bounce in your step. You began fantasizing about the food you'd make once you made it home. Maybe you'd make a hot stew and eat it with a loaf of seasoned bread. Your cats would get the fish you brought home from the dock a few days ago.

Yes, you smiled to yourself, that would be great.

You helped when you suddenly tripped and fell to the ground, probably spraining your ankle. You carefully cradled it and groaned, looking over at what you tripped on. Whatever it was broke your fall slightly, for your legs still sat atop of it. It felt... Soft, in a way. Not hard and tough like a tree root or a stone. You brought your legs up and crouched over the figure, examining it carefully.

To your surprise, it was a human girl. She was laying on the grassy, moss covered ground. She looked to be asleep, with bits of moss seemingly growing from the ground onto her and concealing her eyes. Was she hibernating?

You cleared your throat, feeling bad for rudely stumbling into her. You hesitantly reached out to shake her gently. She stirred a bit and lazily whacked your hand away. You sighed and shook her with more force. At this, she cracked her eyes open and looked over with tired eyes, muttering one word.

"Why...?"

Her voice was nasally and a bit croaky. You gulped and backed away slightly.

"Umm, I'm sorry for tripping on you... Did I hurt you?" You pulled out your canteen from your bag and offered her a sip.

She ignored the question and sat up slowly with you, pointing an accusing finger at you.

"You woke me up."

"I'm... Sorry...? You can, uh, go back to sleep if you'd like, I guess."

"That's not how it works. You think that when a bear is working from its hibernation, it just goes back to sleep?"

"I imagine that's how it works, yeah."

She furrowed her brows and frowned. "No, that's not how it works. Great, now I've gotta get back to work." She stood up abruptly and began tending to dying or picked apart plants. You watched in amazement.

"Wow... What're you doing??"

She scoffed lightly to herself. "What's it look like?"

"Look, I'm sorry I woke you up from your... Hibernation."

"You better be. I'm what keep this forest thriving. My 'hibernation' uses my energy for the earth. Now I've gotta do it all by hand..."

You frowned. "Man, I really owe ya, huh?"

The 'Forest Goddess' stopped her work and turned back to you. "Why, I guess so... How do you feel about being my servant? My little helper?"