Hungover- Tsuchigomori

⚠️ Alcohol, mentions of pills (no, not drugging or like,, addiction), I think that's all tbh ⚠️

I sorta lost all motivation for a bit so forgive me if this is ass lmao

•••

The teacher's lounge was dimly lit, with soft, slow music playing quietly in the background whilst your co-workers chatted amongst themselves. It was a pretty small, quiet party, if it could even be considered one. It was more of a small celebration for the end of the school year; exams were finally over and done with and graded. A few small discoballs were taped to the ceiling, glimmering just slightly whenever the light hit it.
You felt happy, content with yourself and your job, sipping from a small clear cup of ice water and sighing lightly afterwards.

"He-y, [Name]! Whatcha doing?"

You looked over to see one of your close friends and co-worker, two red cups in his hands. You smiled.

"Just enjoying the party. What about you?"

"Eh, same. Kinda bored, though. Here," he offered you one of the drinks in his hands. You stars down at the pale yellow liquid in the cup, hesitantly reaching out for it.

"Oh, um... Thank you." You held the cup to your nose and took a small, wary whiff. Sure, it smelled normal, but that didn't mean anything. You set it down beside you and looked around the room, sighing.

"What's wrong?" Your co-worker asked. You shrugged in response. The room was quiet and boring, nobody seemed to want to be there. It was fun until things started to quiet down, really.

"Oh, nothing. Just... A bit bored as well, y'know?"

Your co-worker nodded, then smirked mischievously. He made his way over to the device that was playing the slow, quiet music and whipped out his phone, tapping the screen a bit before the music in the room cut off completely. You cocked a brow and leaned over to get a better view of what he was doing. Most teachers in the room looked over in confusion as well, most conversations pausing.

Suddenly, loud, upbeat music began playing. You jumped slightly and watched as your co-worker dimmed the lights in the room even more, the disco balls reflecting a tad bit more. You sighed and marched over to him.

"What're you doing?"

He smiled and pat your shoulder. "Loosen up, [Name]! You're supposed to enjoy tonight, no?"

You looked to the side, seeing a few of your other co-workers began chatting again, a few swaying slowly to the beat of the music.

You finally smiled just slightly and rolled your eyes. "Hmph, fine then. Care to dance?"

Without hesitation, your co-worker grabbed hold of your hand, dragging you off to the center of the room. There you stood, awkwardly swaying and laughing, twirling about and singing along to the music, all giggly. You paused shortly after to grab a drink for yourself; just a bit of alcohol, it'll be fine.

You finished it off soon after and went back for more. And then more. And then another shot. And another.

Soon enough, four whole bottles of different types of wine and whiskey were downed and discarded in the trash. Your coworkers had joined in on the fun, most having downed at least a few shots worth of alcohol and were dancing hazily together. Most seemed to be enjoying themselves by now. All except your co-worker and -what you considered- good friend, Tsuchigomori, who seemed to stand excluded in the corner, holding a red cup in his hand as he grimaced just slightly.