[Old] (Pt.2) Akane x Apparition!Reader

[Tiny itty bitty spoilers for chapters 60-65,, nothing important and I am not going off of the exact chapters anyway]

Wattpad was in a silly goofy mood and fucked up half my progress 😍🥰💖

~×~×~×~

Akane was confused with himself. Whenever he'd see you, he felt his emotions switch up on him. He could be having the worst day ever, but one mere glance at you would improve his mood. Not to mention the way his heart would race or the sudden warmth that would rush to his face or his new stutter. It definetly confused him, especially since he was never a super shy person. In fact, he preferred to very straight forward and upfront with almost everything, similar to how he'd behave around Aoi. So these feelings were definetly strange, but not something he wasn't used to feeling. Point is, he began to really like you.

So much so, that over the last few months he'd been making an effort to get to know you. And in all honesty, he loved hanging out with you. The same went for you, he was really growing on you and you tried to hang out with him whenever you could.

Over time, the bespectacled boy found his feelings for Aoi fading. This just confused him even more. After all, it takes a lot to get rid of a crush you've had for most of your life. Perhaps they were leaving to make room for new feelings.

Whenever you'd offer to help set him up with Aoi, he'd nervously accept. But now, he just waved it off and said "Maybe another time." It went on like that until you eventually realized he just wasn't feeling it anymore. He never rambled on about his former crush and obsession. But oh well, people do change after all.

×××

Another few months went by and soon the end of the school year would be approaching. For most, it was wonderful. The thought of the upcoming break left them excited and anticipating the fun they'd have. Not you,though. You were panicking, actually.

Unfortunately, you'd come to realise over the year that you may have fallen for a certain friend of yours, and with the school year coming to an end, you felt you couldn't just not tell them. You'd kept it secret for a while now and honestly, it's better late than never.

Thankfully, there was an overnight sleepover at the school. In short, students would host a huge sleepover after exams and do some fun shit or whatever. That's what you understood form what Akane told you.

You decided it would be best to just tell him right then and there. After enjoying the whole day together, you could let him know in private. The plan sounded perfect, but it was easier said than done.

~~~

Finally, the day of the study-camp sleepover arrived. You were rather late, having overslept by a good 3 hours and spent the next 4 packing.

Anyway, you made it, and that's all that matters.

×××

You panted as you ran down the sidewalk, up the street and all the way to Akane's house. You'd promised to meet him there by 3, and right now, it was 3:25. God, you felt like a horrible friend for making him wait.

You finally made it to your close friend's house, panting heavily as you knocked on his front door.

He opened it shortly after. You noticed his bag was waiting by the door this whole time.