Prologue

She slid further away on the bed as his manly figure moved closer to her

She slid further away on the bed as his manly figure moved closer to her. The grey curtains in her room danced before the windows and the darkened clouds outside made the room dip further into darkness. Yet the candles that dotted her room flickered to every swing of the wind.

Her fervent eyes looked with flare at him and she took a sharp intake of breath. And pointed to the plastic bag that reflected the silver anklets in them.

" I don't want these."

" They are a gift."

His voice was husky but maybe she was just feeling too much.

" I don't want them. Take them and leave."

She might have just pushed his last button as he breathed through his nostrils before pushing himself further towards her. She looked with large fearful eyes as he pulled off the plastic from the jewellery pieces and grabbed her feet. Her heart sky rocketed as his fingers delicately traced around her ankle joint and she tried pulling her leg back.

" Stop!"

He gave a brief glare and tightened the anklets around her feet. The intricately designed heavy chandi anklets sat looking beautiful around her feet.  She pulled her leg instantly back and folded them under her. Her anklets jingling in the silent room. Heat flushed all over her body. He closed the distance between them and grabbed her hands in one fist. She gasped as he pulled her closer to himself.

His finger traced her temple before pushing a rouge strand of her hair behind her ear. They stared deeply into each other's eyes.

" For once stop being so stubborn with me."

With his ever so soft voice ringing in her ears, she thought she'd almost faint right there in his embrace.

•|•

They said this marriage would change her life, it did.

They said she would be surrounded with luxuries in Kashana House, she was.

They said her future would transform, it did.

They said she would be lucky to be married to their heir, she was.

They said she would be loved, she was not.

•|•

Silah Shafee married Sarfaraz Khan.

They were the happiest couple. The most charming and loving. Their eyes gleamed of love they had for each other. Any room would glow up with their presence. Kashana Family was witness of how much Sarfaraz loved Silah, but truth was; he never loved her. Sarfaraz passes away and Silah holds this secret forever. But it remains a secret only until Sarfaraz's cousin, Altamash returns home.

Silah. Altamash. And a story.

Join in to be swooned in again. 😉❤️