•His favorite, Love

" What?"

" What?"

Ailana almost choked on her juice. Silah was dumbfounded at the small information.

" Altamash is engaged? When did that happen?"

Ailana's eyes were large like saucers.

" He's not right now but will be tomorrow or maybe someday."

" Oh!"

Ailana and Silah said in unison.

" She's Meerub, a family friend of ours. Our father wants Altamash to marry her. 'I'd be very delighted' that were his exact words to him but I swear he'd never be happy with anything Altamash does until he joins the politics."

Manum said nonchalantly. She seemed sad and furious at the same time.

Silah's eyes returned to the far away man. The lights reflecting onto him. Making him stand out besides the gorgeous model. His tall figure clad in a crisp white chikankari kurta and a pastel gray prince coat. The embroidery details on the coat making a beautiful and manly contrast on the cloth. His hair brushed to the side and he ran his fingers through them now and then, messing them up.

His arm withdrew from around the model's petite waist before he roamed his eyes and caught Silah's gaze. Unblinking eyes looked from across the sea of people before Silah averted her eyes and tucked a loose piece of hair behind her ears.

Altamash nodded his head to himself before he looked at Amma begum and his maa, Sheratoon.

" This is Meerub. Meerub, she's my khalaa but no less than a mother to me and Kunwar's grandmother."

Meerub extended her slender arm forward but Sheratoon pulled her in for a warm embrace as the women exchanged greetings.

Amma begum faked a cough as she pulled Altamash down to where she was seated on the sofa.

" Is she the one you were talking about?"

She whispered. Her eyes keenly on him. He sighed and gave her a brief nod. A small smile playing on his lips before he straightened.

Altamash introduced everyone to Meerub. The young woman was sweet and instantly mingled with everyone. Ailana had gotten up to meet her as well. Meerub had shook hands with Silah as well.

" Silah, where are the henna trays we got for Maimona?"

Sheratoon asked spotting Silah near the stage.

" Mama, they are in the car, I'll ask the driver to bring them."

Sheratoon nodded her head and Silah turned to leave. The boys were preparing for their dance sequence as Silah exited the hall to get the trays. On shaky legs she made her way to the hotel corridors where the driver was waiting with the baskets and trays.