•You're mesmerizing, Love

The candles flickered like dancers in a deserted island of serendipity

They covered the top shelves of the bedroom, the surface of the chester. The sills of the windows. The wide pane of the sliding doors that lead to the balcony. The tops of the vanity table.

Silah sucked in a deep breath in the golden glow of the candles.

She loved candles. The golden glow of them, the waxy vanilla scent of them. The blooming jasmine vapours of them. She loved seeing the wax melt away like a dancer in a lover's arms. And Sarfaraz had spoiled her with a lot of candles. He restocked them for her and even bought them from his business trips abroad. He would sometimes light them up if Silah would forget, and he'd surprise her when she'd return to her bedroom after tiring herself all day long.

In her candle lit bedroom, she stood before the full length framed mirror that set tilted against the wall besides her dresser.

Her hands reached behind her back, her slender fingers shaking as she pulled the pearl strings of her choker and tightened it around her neck, tying the knot at the nape. Her bangles shimmered under the golden glow of candles. Clinking against each other like lovestruck teenagers. She let her hands drop by her side as she studied herself.

Doused in a dreamy gold-beige open net gown that had mesmerizing dabka and naqshi work over the whole canvas enhanced with gleaming pearls, crystals and threads. Her pure kamkhwab glinting gold lehnga that had fancy adornments embedded pooled at the floor. Her makeup was subtle yet the dark enhancement of the brown eyeshadow made her eyes look bold and curated. The highlighter against her cheekbones creamy and glinting. The makeup artist had done a really good job. For her hair, Silah had gone for a sleek bun at the nape with soft tendrils shaping around her face.

(Dress and makeup^^)

She was wearing the jewellery her mother in law had gotten her. A statement heirloom piece and it complimented Silah's dress.

She moved away from the mirror and gathered her framework jaal dupatta. Before nearly tucking it at her shoulders. She could hear as everyone settled in the cars downstairs. The men asking everyone to hurry up. Slipping into her matching sandals she put off the candles and walked out of the room. Her phone began to ring as she closed her bedroom door.