•Tragedy of love, Love

Present

Present

Silah picked the telephone's receiver and pressed it against her ear, hearing the soft voice on the other end.

" Hello."

Silah furrowed hearing the unfamiliar voice.

" Who is this?"

The woman from the other end spoke.

" Silah. And you are.."

" Is Altamash around?"

The direct question made Silah lift her eyes and gaze around the large hall. Just when she was about to speak again, the man entered. His eyes quickly meeting hers and she tensed.

" Um.."

" I am his mother speaking, Silah."

She could hear the woman sigh. Altamash lifted his eyebrows seeing her unwavering gaze on him.

" Is he around. I want to speak to him."

Silah flickered her eyes when the man mouthed, 'who is it?'.

" Ferya aunty..um.."

She started to speak and the man from across her visibly tensed, his shoulder squaring as he shook his head at her. Before indicating with his fingers not to give him the telephone.

" He's not here right now."

Silah swallowed. Hearing another loud sigh.

" I know he's right there, Silah. I know he's standing in the same room and he's asking you to lie."

Silah averted her eyes from the man and fiddled with the cord of the telephone.

" Silah, please request him to come and meet me. I've not seen him since a long time. I long to see him."

She could sense the wavering voice and she looked up to the man that glared at her openly.

" Err.."

" I know he listens to you Silah. I know he won't refuse you. Please ask him to talk to me at least once. I am his mother, Silah. How much would he punish me? Ask him to return home-"

" Times up."

Silah gasped as the man pushed on the goodbye key and hung up. He rudely retrieved the receiver from her hand and put it back on the set.

" why did you do that?"

Silah crossed her arms together and glared at his back. Seeing Altamash walk away.

" Those calls are not entertained here."

He remarked as he walked towards the stairs. She followed close behind him.

" Just listen to her once, Altam-"

The man turned so quick that Silah almost lost her balance. Her eyes grew wide as he neared his face to hers and clenched his jaw tightly.