•Something in between, Love

Past

Past

When Sarfaraz had walked into the bedroom after a meeting and said, 'Silah, get dressed we're going out', Silah had sprung to her feet to get dressed.

" Where are we going?"

She had asked her husband as he scrambled through the night stand. Sarfaraz sighed and without looking up had answered in his deep voice.

" Tch, just don't ask questions and get dressed."

Silah had smiled as she headed into the walk in closet. Her hands instantly fell over the fuchsia pink outfit that had been sitting in her closet since she had gotten married. It was one of her favorites and as it hanged there untouched, Silah pulled it out instantly.

The vivid colour had hues of blush pink artistic embroidery around the v-neckline. The detailing followed the hemline of the long shirt. The sleeves were fully crafted with embroidery that swarmed with pearls and crystals. The long straight shirt was paired with matching pants. And a scalloped organza dupatta completed the outfit. The warm fabric was perfect to wear in winters. And Silah found the outfit perfect to wear in November especially when her husband was taking her out.

Working before her vanity she put on some blush to enhance the apples of her cheeks and some pinkish nude lipstick that enhanced the whole look of the outfit. She pulled her hair in a fish tail letting some strands fall free that framed around her face. Wearing her silver dangling earrings, she paired some silver heels as well. Some concealer, mascara, eyeliner and she was all ready.

" Done? let's go."

" yeah."

Silah breathed as Sarfaraz turned to her.

" You look beautiful as always, Silah."

Silah smiled at him. The smile that reached her eyes. That smile.

She took in a quick glance of him as he clasped his expensive watch around his wrist. He was dressed in a brown shalwar kameez with a darker shaded coat, his sandal polished and shining against the flooring. His hair were brushed back, just like always. And the recently trimmed beard added a little more tint of handsomeness to him.

Silah met Sarfaraz's awaiting eyes as he looked at her carefully.

" What?"

Confused, Silah asked as she glanced at herself in the mirror thinking that something was wrong with her.

" No, no wait."

Silah watched as her husband disappeared into the closet and in a minute returned with her hand crafted maroon and black warm shawl. He draped it around her arms and Silah instantly felt warm not only because of the fabric but with his hands on her arms.

" It's cold outside."

Brief and precise. That's how he always conversed and somehow in her 1.5 years of marriage to him she had gotten used to it.