•Half of hearts, Love

Silah was in the kitchen, taking out the ingredients when Nofil interrupted her

" Dulhan bibi, these won't be needed now."

He smiled broadly as he looked at Silah. The woman frowned and stopped midway. She peaked behind Nofil and into the hallway.

" Where are the kids?"

Nofil shook his head, his smile only growing.

" They've gone on vacations, out of town. And they won't be back before two weeks."

" What?"

Silah drawled sadly as her eyes fell over the ingredients she had collected.

" Yes so no kitchen classes."

" Ugh!"

Her shoulders dropped as she propped a hand on her hip.

" What's cooking?"

Altamash sang as he lazily strolled in with his breakfast plate still in hand.

" Dulhan bibi, just got pranked."

Nofil teased as he took away the ingredients from the counter top and started to put them back.

" Why?"

Silah turned her back towards the boys as Nofil described how her children had ditched her after promising her an early morning class. She arranged the wooden spoons on the counter top hearing Nofil ask,

" Altamash Bhai, you still haven't finished your breakfast."

She turned around seeing the man play with the food in his plate. Altamash looked up and shrugged.

" I don't like eating alone. Everyone disappeared from the dining table so I came here."

" Hm.."

Nofil opened cabinets as he placed the flour and yeast back.

" You're a good company Nofil."

The boy smiled widely and the two looked at Silah as she watched them silently. Altamash drew in a deep breath.

" Silah is a great company too."

Silah's eyes drew down as she looked at her hands feeling the brown eyes trained on her. Altamash's eyes remained on her as he admired her warmly with his eyes. She looked so beautiful just the way she was. It never felt as if she put an effort to look good, it all just came naturally to her.

The orange long kurta she wore just complimented her skin so well and the wide white pants with her flowy chiffon dupatta, only Silah would slay like that.

Nofil excused himself and Altamash finally averted his eyes. Silah coughed awkwardly before walking out of the kitchen. Soon she felt the shadow fell behind her.