Chapter 12

When Mallory told Aviana about her and Waylen's dinner plans, she was over the moon. Asking loads of questions and helping her via facetime to what to wear.

Now she's already ready. Wearing a red, spaghetti strap dress, paired with her black heels and some light make up.

Mallory's heart has been beating out her chest the whole day, her brain asking the same two questions over and over. Is this a date? Does he like me?

When her phone ringtone goes on, she answers the phone immediately after seeing Waylen's name on the screen. "Are you ready sweetheart?" "Yip, are you outside?" "I am indeed." He says.

"Okay see you in a few seconds." Mallory says before hanging up. Grabbing her keys, she heads out. Down the stairs and out the door. She sees him, leaning against his Rolls Royce car. Smiling she walks over.

"Hi." She greets. "Hello sweetheart." He says grabbing her waist and pecking her lips. Her soft lips, the feeling he's been craving all day.

Opening the door, she climbs in before he circles his way back to the driver's seat.

"You look absolutely gorgeous Mal." "Thank you Waylen, you don't look too bad yourself."

He's wearing a buttoned up white shirt with some light brown pants. The shirt sitting tightly on his arms, giving her the perfect few of his muscles.

The drive is about fifteen minutes, she can see how richer each area gets. From apartments to small houses to two level houses to mansions.

"Have you ever been in Denny-Blaine before?" He asks. "No." She says as they drive through a gate. "Welcome to Denny-Blaine then." He jokes parking the car.

Getting out her neck bends up back to look at the house. The house is huge, ten of her apartments combined wouldn't even make up the place, not even half of it. The walls black.

"Woah." She says amazed. "Shall we?" He asks and she nods as he leads the way inside.

Everything is black as well.

Black walls, black tables, black sofa. She's fascinated, surprisingly.

Mostly all the stuff at her house is white and colourful but this, it's beautiful. "Waylen this is amazing." "Thank you." He says grabbing her hand and leading her up a flight of stairs to the kitchen and dinning room.

"What are you making?" She asks still looking around. "Unfortunately, I can't make sushi so tonight I'm making chicken piccata." "Oh yummy." Waylen laughs.

"What can I get you to drink?" He asks. "Got any wine?" She asks. "A lot, down the hall to the left is the wine cellar." Following his guide, she makes it to the wine cellar. Loads of bottles all around. Not knowing what to pick she grabs the one closest to her before walking back to the kitchen.

Waylen chuckles when he sees the bottle in her hand-a Romanée-Cont bottle from 1956. That bottle can be sold for over fifty grand.

When Waylen saw the bottle, he mentally chuckled. The poor little angel didn't know that wine is one if the most rare kind in the world.

Grabbing a glass, he pours the wine for her and a glass of Jack Daniels whiskey for him. "Thank you...can I help you cook?" She asks. "No sweetheart, sit, relax and I'll serve." He says pointing to the chairs at the kitchen island.

Sitting down she looks over the counter at him cooking.

His hands. Big, veiny, sexy. He sees her eyes following his hands, not looking at his cooking skills but looking at his hands.

"It's very rude to stare baby." He smirks at her, her eyes landing on his. "I'm just looking at you cooking." She defends. "Okay." He smiles seeing her blush, knowing she's been caught.

Dinner didn't take too long. Both sitting at the dining table eating.

Do you have any siblings?" Mallory asks starting the next conversation after eating. "No, I don't, you?" He answers resulting in her shaking her head.

"Where do your parents live?" Waylen asks. "Oh uhm, my mom passed when I was fourteen and I never met my father." She says putting up a smile for him, not wanting to ruin their night.

Now it makes sense, why she's so clueless of his possessive behaviour, it's because she never had a man in her life, no father, no brother, no uncle, no nephew, not even a male friend, however Waylen desperately wants to fill that hole. His cock jumps in his trousers at the thought of him taking care of her every day, loving her, fucking her.

"God, I'm so sorry." "Thank you, but it's okay, what about your parents, where are they?" Mallory asks. "Both in New York, I just...we're not really close, we've never been close." He explains.

"Why not?" She asks. "My parents always forced me to do things in school I didn't want to, they put me in tons of sports and activities I never had any desire to play and in high school chose my classes, then proceeded to push me to basically get a hundred on everything. Every time I told them I didn't want to do whatever it was they put me in, he'd hit me and tell me I'll never be successful without doing this or that." His face was blank, no sadness, no anger, nothing.

"Waylen, I'm sorry." She whispers grabbing his hand for comfort. "It's okay, really I'm over it." He smiles, pressing a kiss onto her hand. "When's the last time you dated?" Waylen asks , already knowing the answer.

"I broke up with my ex when I was twenty-five, he was an asshole." She looks down. "Why, what did he do?" Waylen chuckles thinking she'd say something stupid or funny until he looks back at her, seeing her face drop and eyes watering.

Putting the pieces together he comes up with a couple of options. Abusive? Cheated Manipulative?

"Hey, talk to me." Waylen picks up her chin with his finger, seeing tears roll down her cheeks.

"Come here." He pats his lap. Obediently she stands up and sits on his lap. Her legs thrown over him, one of his hands on her back and the other on her thigh.

"What did he do?" She looks down sniffling. "I don't want to ruin tonight." She whispers looking up at him. He places a quick kiss on her lips. "You are not ruining anything." He says tucking a few strands of hair behind her ear.

"He...the first year he was amazing, but the next two years he started hitting me and manipulating me into giving him money for cocaine and I thought it was normal, that's why it took me so long to leave him. I grew up in a house with no father and the first guy I love abuses me, so it has to be my fault, right? I mean no man has ever sticked around with or for me." She sobs.

This fucker. He wanted to find this asshole and take care of him himself.

"Don't blame yourself, it's people like that that deserve to be killed. It's their whole game, making you feel like a bad person even though they're making you play their game." Waylen says and she nods.

"You deserve so much more and that guy you dated was a little boy...but I can treat you right. I can show you how you are supposed to feel." He says softly. She leans up to his ear.

"Show me." She whispers softly. Not in a seductive way but rather in a serious tone. She wants him to show her how she's supposed to feel.

He looks at her and smiles as he kisses her. Kissing back instantly she cups his face as his hands go to her waist. Pulling away for air, they look into each other's eyes.

"Let's go upstairs." She gets off his lap and he leads the way, up two flights of stairs before entering another black decorated room.

Massive king-sized bed in the middle of it. High ceiling, black walls, TV placed in front of it on the walls.

Both walking to the bed before she turns around facing him.