Confessions I

"Power is not given to you. You have to take it."- Beyoncé Knowles

Beyoncé POV

Two days later...

"Kelly pull to the back—I don't want the kids to see me."

Kelly annoyingly sighed making a quick turn behind my Bel Air mansion. Before I could reach for the handle Kelly locked the doors.

I sucked in a breath trying to remain as calm as possible. "Kelendria Trené--- I am tired, I am frustrated, I just want to take a shower and spend some time with my kids. Can you please open the damn door!"

"NO BEYONCÉ! I haven't seen nor heard from you in a year! And you call me today out the blue to pick you up from the LAPD's office! I want answers, and you're not getting out this car until you start talking!"

"Kelly..." I warned. "Thank you for being there for me... But I will bust these windows to get out this damn car!"

"Try it Giselle! I been had my eye on your red mustang!"

I frustratingly ran my hand down my face, I was not into this shit. I've been sitting in an interrogating room for 48 fucking hours. I swear to God if it was not one thing it was the next.

Between this pandemic hitting my hospitals left and right, Robyn refusing to sign divorce papers and Ciara trying to take full custody of Blue—I felt like everything was closing in one me.

I sighed scraping the chipped up red polish on my finger's nails.

"I fucked up Kellz...I may lose everything this time..."

"What do you mean B?"

I sighed again. "Lance..."

"Isn't that the guy who---Wait I'm confused didn't he get kill in some drug deal gone bad?"

"He did..."

"I'm not following, what does that have to do with you?"

I looked into Kelly's eyes, when she blinked a tear escaped her eyelids.

"Beyoncé no..."

"I fucked up...I just went over there to scare him- I- I didn't think it was going to get that far."

"B...I knew you were capable of some shit but never this. What made you do it."

I squeezed my eyes close trying to clear my mind of the gruesome scenes flashing through my memory.

"Him explaining he fucked her... I snapped-- and it caused me to snap on her..."

"She ain't did that shit B..."

"And how the fuck you know that?" I snapped.

"Because I know her and she's not like that. And if you really loved her and cared for her like you be claiming, you would know that too. Obviously, he said that shit to bait you and you took it like a dumbass!"

The car fell silent for a few minutes before Kelly spoke up again.

"How do you know Robyn is not behind this shit? I'm sure she knows you killed her boy toy."

"Kelly, I don't know... But I ain't said shit to incriminate myself—all they said is that they got somebody placing my at the scene."

"Well did you see anybody?"

"Kelly if I had seen somebody, I wasn't going up in there with a gun in the first place...I'm not that stupid."

"I'm just making sure cause ya'll Virgo's a little slow."