The End of an Era...

Two Days Later

Beyoncé POV

I had looked back in the rearview mirror to peek at the kids—they were too quiet for my liking. To my surprise they were all knocked out sleeping—including Miss Blue. To my right Megan was snoring as well.

We had the kids out all day at six flags—between running behind the twins and hopping on a million different rides—tired wasn't even the word to describe how I felt right now.  But I enjoyed the quality time with my kids, and that's all that mattered to me.

It was going on 7pm at night, we had basically been out all day. My phone was off all day, the only thing I took with me was a camera. I wanted today to be all about my babies—sometimes I felt like a bad mom due to all the hours I dedicated to my work. It really tugged on my heart when they would ask me why I was going to work again—or promising them I would put them to bed and still make it home too late.

But today was nothing short of perfect—and reminded me of how much I loved mothering my kids.

I was pulling into the gate of my Atlanta home when I noticed the gates were wide open. Immediately I felt a gut-wrenching sensation that something was terribly wrong. As I pulled into the gate, I noticed black SUVs parked over every inch of the massive driveway—I had barely pulled up when uniformed officers came walking down the steps of my front door.

I cut the engine and looked back at my kids who were thankfully still asleep. Megan stirred a bit looking at the chaos that was going on in front of us. Before she could ask what was going on my mom came running down the steps behind some officers. I quickly hopped out the car to meet with my mom halfway.

She immediately got in face pointing her finger. "Where is she Giselle??!"

"Where is who momma? What-What are you talking about? Why are these people in my house-"

"CAP- WE FOUND SOMETHING!" An officer shouted from the door.

"Dr. Knowles were with Atlanta PD investigation department. There was a search warrant signed by Judge Jones today on suspicion that you may holding a missing person hostage-."

"Who's missing???-"

Tires screeching loudly caused me turn around. Nasir stepped out of SUV looking just as confused as I was.

"Nasir what the fuck is going on???Why are these people searching my house! Who's missing? And why the fuck am I suspect."

"You would have known if you had your damn phone on—I been trying to call you all day. Come over here..." Nasir said stepping aside from everyone.

"Onika's missing...."

I felt an uncomfortable pressure at the bottom of my stomach. "Whattt??? Since when??"

Nasir stepped back and looked at me hard. "On God—don't lie to me Giselle... Onika is somebody I care about too. Did you have anything to do with her disappearance because it ain't looking too good for you right now."

"Nasir, I swear on my life, I ain't had nothing to do with her being missing."

At the corner of my eye, I could see a group of uniformed officers marching toward me. One held a big clear bag that looked like a blanket covered in blood.

"They're going to put you under arrest don't say shit—I'll be at the precent during your questioning."

"Dr. Knowles—were placing you under arrest under the probable cause of death of Dr. Onika Maraj."

I felt like I was about to black out when I saw the cuffs—I could hear Blue screaming from a distance which remined my kids were standing not to far away watching this mistake all unfold.