I Do's and Don'ts (part two)

May the Lord protect me as the world gets hectic. My voice projected, my life reflected- Onika Maraj

Nas eyes met mine. "Wait you the Knowles?"

"Unfortunately, look Nasir if I knew this is what you were inviting me too, I wouldn't have come."

"I'm sorry- I should have been more transparent in letting you know the details. We can leave if you want."

"Uhhhh...That's a good idea but I don't want to make it obvious. This whole family and I already have bad blood, we can leave when the ceremony ends."

Nas agreed but assured me we would leave straight after. There wasn't much left of the ceremony anyway. I kept my head down rapidly texting Lauren to let her know what the fuck was going on. I didn't even look up when they said they're 'I do's'.

LoBear: Girl fuck them, you there with yo nigga. Show that hoe' you ain't sweating her ass. I wish her ass try something- I would wack her ass again! Just stay close to Nas eat and drink up all they shit!

I smiled, locking my phone turning my attention on what was going on. The ceremony had basically ended. Normani and Solange were taking pictures together while the guest was being instructed to move to the grand ballroom which held the reception.

"You ready?" Nas said extending his hand out for me.

"We can stay..."

"You sure?"

"Yea I'm good..." I said catching Beyoncé actively staring at me from across the room.

She held her daughter in one arm and was somehow partially engaged in a conversation.

I followed Nas out where the crowd was being ushered into an even bigger ball room. The décor was amazing, it literally looked like something out of a magazine. The wisteria hanging flowers and the tall white bouquet roses were breathtaking, and I knew it cost a hefty penny. I almost had to remember who wedding I was attending.

Nas and I were surprisingly seated at a table near the back with a nice older couple, whom were relatives of Normani. I liked the seating arrangement since it was tucked off in the corner and the lights were dimmed. The room got packed pretty quickly. By the time the newlyweds walked in Nas, and I were on our fourth drink, laughing at God knows what. This man's vibes were immaculate, the way he always managed to make me smile made me feel like a little schoolgirl all over again.

We were seated at our table feasting on lobster tails and steak. Nas had gotten up to make his presence known to a few of his other colleagues that were in attendance as well. Wherever Nas went I was not too far behind, from the little bit and pieces I came to find out that Nas had become the Knowles' family lawyer.

What was really news to me is the fact that he was the one that helped Beyoncé in winning custody of Blue. I was standing next to him beginning to play connect the dots. A conversation we had some months back came into play, Nas had mentioned a very wealthy client paying him and a judge a lot of money for a nasty custody battle.

My body suddenly became hot—all this time Nas knew her?

My mind wondered to papa-bear; God forbid if she ever found out. Like Lauren said I didn't have the money nor power to go up against her.

"Onika..." I looked up and my eyes met with Normani. She smiled but I didn't, one thing I could say she looked stunning in her expensive white couture gown.

"It's so nice to see you...It's been like what? Almost three years?"

I gave her a quick smile before taking a sip from my champagne glass. "Mhmm..."