Revelations

Proverbs 18:21: Death and life are in the power of the tongue: And they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.

Onika POV

Same Night

Atlanta, PD

After being drilled with millions of questions for hours, I was finally being released from the police station. I had to turn my clothes and everything else I had in my possession over to the detectives. Before I turned everything in, I made one call to the only person I knew could help me right now—Julius.

As soon as I walked out the doors, I was blinded by flashing lights from cameras along with reporters pushing their microphones in my face.

"Dr. Maraj is it true that you set up your lover to kill Dr. Knowles??? Is true that this was a love triangle gone wrong??? How much money will your son inherit since you murdered his mother???"

I pushed my way through the best I can, trying to shield my eyes finding someplace to go. I was about to give up and run back inside when someone grabbed me.

"Head down, don't say a word." Julius said from behind.

I did what he said as he escorted me to the Yukon truck just a small distance away. As soon as we got inside, he instructed the driver to leave. Something had landed in my lap, when I looked down it was a small gym bag.

"Go change in the backseat and make it quick." Julius demanded.

I looked down at the white hazmat looking suit the detectives had given me, since they confiscated all my clothes. I quickly got in the backseat and change into a black hoodie and some jeans.

"Julius..." My voice was only above a whisper since it had become so strained due to the screaming and crying, I had been doing for the past 6 hours. "Julius is she dead?"

He never answered but kept looking straight forward, confirming all I needed to know.

Beyoncé was gone because of me... I was the cause of this—I had spoken this on her life and her I was now begging God to reverse back the hands of time. I felt like I was living outside of my body, the hurt in my heart had escalated to physical pain to the point where I felt numb. Every time I blinked; I could see her eyes rolling back as she drowned in her own blood. I could see the pain in her eyes as they darkened meeting the angel of death. I caused that—it was me...

I pulled my knees up to my chest an allowed the deepest ugliest cry to escape my soul. My last words to her came from a place of anger. Reminiscing on the look on her face when I told her I wanted her dead tugged on my soul—she looked hurt. I wanted her to hurt like she had hurt me, I spoke death on her allowing my grievance, jealousy and agony to speak for me. The bible verse from Proverbs 18:21 resonated through my mind, "Death and life are in the power of the tongue..."

I felt a hand touch my arm, when l looked up Julius was telling me to breathe. I hadn't noticed how hard I was crying until I felt like I was spinning. My lungs felt constricted, and my heart was beating precipitously. The car had come to an abrupt stop, we were behind what I assumed was a hospital.

Julius got out and helped me out as well, he grabbed my hand and led me though some backdoors into a maintenance elevator. When we arrived on the second floor I came to the realization of where we actually were. Julius squeezed my hand and pulled me closer, as he approached some familiar security guards that worked for him. We rounded a corner, and I immediately came face to face with the majority of Beyoncé's immediate family. Her mother, father, Solange, Kelley, Michelle a few of her cousins and other unfamiliar faces.