Secrets

We keep secrets from people that we love because we're afraid of our own truth. I think sometimes we're afraid to hurt people, because you never know. I think we're afraid of what is, and what can't be- Lauren London

Lauren POV

If I had moved over one more time my ass would fallen off the bed. Between Nika, Kross and Papa, I could not tell you who slept the worst. They literally all pushed me to the edge of the bed and played tug of war with the sheets all night.

It was going on ten in the morning, and everyone was still knocked out. After eating some good lasagna, followed by ice-cream and watching Madagascar for papa's sake two times we were all tired.

I decided to get up before everyone else to get my day started. I had a few errands to run and a therapy session to attend too. I gave Kross and Papa a quick kiss before quietly slipping out of bed. I was about to lean down to let Nika know I was leaving but her phone lighting up caught my attention. She had a few notifications from her daily inspirational quote app and a few text messages from her mom.

I picked up her phone slipping away from her into the bathroom. Yes, I checked Onika's phone from time to time. Her being so secretive about shit always caused her in the long run, and she always told me when it was too late. I knew her all too well; she always thinks that she can handle shit by ignoring it.

She was not confrontational at all, and she hated anything associated with drama. All I was trying to tell her is that she gotta' slap a bitch sometimes so they can get the point. I did it to Normani and it turned out fine.

As I scrolled through Onika's messages my theory served me correct. There it was clear as day, the night prior this Megan bitch had texted her an article concerning her and Dr. Knowles. My blood started boiling because Onika had ample amount of time to tell me this bitch was fucking with her. I knew this Megan chick had a problem with Onika, I watched the way she looked at her and the smart shit she said from the side of her neck. But little did she know she was on my radar list for a sweet ass whooping.

I placed Nika's phone back on the nightstand and proceeded to take a shower to start my day. After I was done, I headed to Kross's and I bedroom and got some clothes from the drawer. I settled for some jeans and oversized Tupac t-shirt and some custom-made air forces that Nip had made for me.

I picked up my keys heading to the garage, my annoyance began to grow when I noticed Nika had blocked me in. She only did that to be petty because she hated when I parked in her garage. I rolled my eyes picking up the keys to her Audi truck. Since she wanted to play petty, I'll have a nice time in her brand-new truck today.

I started off the day by completing my therapy session, so far, it's becoming better for me. I still could not talk about the day Nip died but my grieving process through therapy has improved. Once I was done with my therapy session, I headed to Lenox Square mall to do some shopping for the boys. Easter was one month away, and I wanted the boys to take easter photos together. What was supposed to be a quick mall trip turned into almost four hours. I got some outfits for the boys but when my eyes landed on the Chanel store, and I could not resist.

Besides I needed to get Nika a gift for being nominated for a Harper Avery, if she was not going to go—a Chanel bag would definelty make her happy. I thought I was in love with Chanel, but Nika's Chanel bags were a bad habit.

I settled for the newest black lambskin oversized Chanel bag with gold accessories. I knew she would be over the moon with this one, she always wanted an oversized Chanel bag to add to her collection.

I finally decided to call it a day and make my way to my house to hide Nika's gift. Once I hid her gift under my bed, I proceeded to pack some more clothes for Kross and I—we basically lived by Nika's even though we lived a few houses apart.