Death Wish

One Month Later

"So, what are you gonna say at my funeral, now that you've killed me? Here lies the body of the love of my life, whose heart I broke without a gun to my head. Here lies the mother of my children, both living and dead. Rest in peace, my true love, who I took for granted. Most bomb pussy who, because of me, sleep evaded. Her god listening. Her heaven will be a love without betrayal. Ashes to ashes..." -Beyoncé Knowles.

Onika POV

July had rolled around in a blink of an eye. This last month has been nothing filled with stress and anxiety. Nas went completely MIA without a word, and by eavesdropping on some of Beyoncé's conversations when she was around, I had a feeling her father played a part in it.

I felt some type of way about that, considering that he was partially responsible for almost taking the life of his grandson. But who am I to even consider him papa's grandfather? I still didn't know if Beyoncé even told her family we had a child together. But then again, I could have cared less.

Papa and I were still residing at her residence, while I handled the insurance situation for my house. I was very surprised that they cut such a huge check for the repairs which allotted to almost $150,000 in total damages. The fire had done more damage that I thought, the entire living and dining room were destroyed and a partial section of the kitchen. Before I could even get contractors out to the house Beyoncé had hired her own team of contractors who were currently working on the house, which would take some time.

Therefore, papa and I got comfortable at his mom's house. Most of the month Beyoncé and the kids were barely there since most of her work was being done in L.A. Papa was dying to go with them, but I was not comfortable with him being so far away. And bedsides I needed to keep him in routine. I was back at work, and he was now back at daycare. Julius and another bodyguard followed us 24/7, sometimes I even forgot they were even there.

Lauren was in her feelings about me deciding to stay at Beyoncé's. But she eventually understood where I was coming from. I don't know what I would do if Nas was to ever try that shit knowing I was inside Lauren's house.  Coming after me like that was not cool but wrapping my mind around the thought of him even attempting some shit like that with Lauren and Kross would break me.

I was currently at work; I had just left a heart valve repair with another attending, and I was tired. I decided to go to my office to catch up on some emails and start planning ahead for the upcoming residents who would be joining the team in a few months.

A notification from Tae sounded off on my phone—I rolled my eyes because I knew that only meant he was in town.

Tae: Bitch I'm in yo city, tell yo' baby daddy watch Papa cause we outside tonight hoe!"

Me: where and when?

Tae: We'll go to dinner at Papi's Steakhouse 8pm sharp, then wrap it up at Club QRU. Ask Lauren stank ass if she can come.

Me:kk

I was about to go find Lauren since she's been in the O.R most of the day. When I got to the gallery, she was wrapping up thyroidectomy. She must have felt me staring, she looked up at the glass and I stuck up my middle finger which made her roll her eyes.

As soon as she scrubbed out, I met her at the door with a smile.

"What the hell you grinning at? And what's for lunch I'm starving." She complained.

"When are you not hungry?" I asked following behind her.

"When you're not daydreaming of riding your baby daddy's dick again."