Pound Town

Two weeks later

Onika POV

Papa's uncontrollable laughter made me look up from the kitchen window that faced my backyard. He was being chased by Nasir with a football in one hand, running to the opposite side of the yard. Ever since Nasir bought him that football, he hasn't put it down since.

"Your baby daddy and Papa are so cute together..." Lauren said walking up behind me.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance of her presence. Yes, I was still upset about the entire Robyn thing. Lauren expressed her side of the situation stating that Beyoncé had asked her to tag along. I found it very weird and disturbing that all these people decided to gather and watch this psycho get executed. I mean don't get me wrong I was glad that Robyn was gone for good, but then a part of me felt for her.  Her life was ruined partially by the same woman that ruined part of mine. I could tell she only wanted the love that she had for Beyoncé in return.

"When are you going to stop giving me the cold shoulder about this shit? I wanted her dead just like everyone else in that room did! You don't know how the fuck I felt walking into that police station to file a missing person report on you. And to come and find out that Robyn's crazy ass kidnapped you...Hell fucking yea I wanted that bitch dead."

I shook my head turning to look at Lauren. "This isn't you...This isn't us...I don't know what happened..." I sighed throwing the rag in the sink.

"You falling in love with Beyoncé is what happened...If you had listened to me when I warned you and stayed away from her ass none of this--" Lauren stopped herself.

"If you weren't being a fake bitch and told me from jump—then yea maybe none of this would have happened..."

Lauren stared at me blankly, I could see the tears whelming up in her eyes and I felt some behind mines as well. Not because I felt sorry for her, but because she had no room to cry. She held detrimental information that could have saved me whole bunch of stress and abuse.

Nasir stepped inside and stopped. I guess he read the room and turned back around.

"Kross let's go. "Lauren grabbed her purse off the island and spun around without another word.

"Bye Auntie." Kross smiled at me, jogging to catch up with his mom.

I sighed, bringing my hands down my face. I didn't know if I wanted to cry or cry, everything in my life had become so strange as of lately. I made a mental note to make an appointment with Taraji, maybe I did need more therapy sessions.

"You good?" Nasir said shaking me from my thoughts.

"Yea...Yea I'm fine."

He was about to say something else when Papa came in pulling him by his leg back outside. Nasir hadn't even been back in Atlanta for two hours and Papa was already asking for him. Their bond had become so tight, while Nasir and I's friendship had become strained. I still stood on my belief that he was acting like Beyonce's little bitch. But lately it was something about him that had me squeezing my thighs together.

Last week he flew in for a case and invited Papa and I for ice-cream. The case ended up running over, so Papa and I ended up watching him at work. I mean the way he moved around that courtroom and delivered that case with confidence had me blushing. It made me think of why Beyoncé was paying him top dollar to be his lawyer. He was a man in his own lane, dominating courtrooms and making a big name for himself around the country. What I was slowly becoming fond of, is him being professionally hood. No matter how much he tried to hide it, I could tell he spent some time in the streets before education became a thing for him.