"I don't want you to go through that" (Part One)

Dani was now sitting with Emmyn, on top of a roof, still in her suit, of course. As they talked, hours had passed, but neither Spider-Girl nor Emmyn realized it, until they looked up to see the night sky. When the realization hit, Dani brought Emmyn back down to the sidewalk, before giving him her number and swinging away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dani crawled into Peter's room, being as quiet as she could, so she wouldn't wake him up. Pulling back her mask, she walked over to her sleeping friend/mentor/older brother figure/ and shook him a couple times.

"Pete," she whispered. "Wake up."

Jolting up, Peter quickly got out of his bed.

"Dan? What are you doing here?" he asked, still groggy. "It's almost midnight."

"I know, I know. I'm sorry," she said, before turning on his nightstand lamp. "I met someone."

"Yeah, well I met someone, too... My pillow," he said, turning his lamp off and flopping back down on to his bed. "Go to bed."

"I'm serious... I think he might be the one."

Peter groaned, in dismay, before sitting up and tuning his lamp back on.

"Dan," he said. "You're fifteen... alright? That's too young to start dating."

"Hey, didn't you date Gwen, rest her soul, when you guys were fifteen?"

"Yeah, but we'd already known each other. This is a complete stranger, we're talking about here."

"Pete-"

"Besides, what are you gonna do, if you start dating this guy? You can't date him, as Spider-Girl."

Just then, a lightbulb went off above Dani's head... figuratively.

"True... but I can date him as Dani Cimorelli."

"Y- you mean-"

"Yeah, I'd reveal my secret identity to him."

"Are you crazy?!" whispered Peter, loudly, making sure not to wake up Aunt May. "We wear masks to protect the people we love! I mean, Dani, you've just met this dude today! You couldn't possibly know that much about him! What if he's not a good guy? What if we can't trust him?"

"He's not! He's in a band, it's called 'Games We Play,' and his name is Emmyn. He's nice! Why are you so hellbent on me not telling him I'm Spider-Girl?" asked Dani.

"Because!"

"'Because' what?!"

"Because what if what happened to Gwen happens to Emmyn?... I kept replaying that night in my head, a thousand times, everyday after Gwen died, for a year... I was at the lowest I'd ever been, in my entire life... I don't want you to go through that."