02. Slumber Party!

Varian and Emma had reached New Corona Castle. They rushed up to the guards and requested that they see Princess Rapunzel. The guards let them inside the castle grounds and led them to Rapunzel, who eagerly greeted them.

"Emy! Varian! It's so good to see you guys!" Rapunzel beamed as she hugged them tightly. Emma blushed from the sudden contact that she and Varian we're having. "What're you doing here?"

"We just wanted to say hi and hopefully hang out with you," Varian explained. Emma nodded.

"Of course you can!" Rapunzel smiled. "I'm not doing anything important today."

Varian flashed another one of his adorable smiles and Emma silently cheered. It was fun hanging out with the Princess. She was a very likable person.

"Varian, how'd you get those bandages? Did something happen?" Rapunzel asked with concern.

"Just a problem with one of my experiments. It's not too big of a deal, really. Emma helped me out," Varian assured.

"That's good. I'm glad you're alright. Anyway, I was actually thinking of painting something," Rapunzel said. "Want to paint with me?"

"Sure! That sounds like fun," Emma squealed. "Come on, V!" She grabbed Varian's hand and gently pulled him down the hallway into Rapunzel's bedroom.

The Princess' room was filled with color and her painting supplies were already set up. "Here, I'll get two more stands for you two," Rapunzel offered. She left the room in a hurry, leaving Varian and Emma alone.

"Do you have an idea of what you want to paint?" Varian asked.

"I feel like... painting the scenery outside," Emma replied. "What about you?"

"Not too sure yet," Varian shrugged. "I guess I'll just paint the first thing that comes to mind."

"I'm back!~" Rapunzel sang. She was holding two painting stands and two canvases. She set them up by Emma and Varian, then sat down in her stool. "Well, let's get painting!"

Emma moved to the bedroom window to get a better look at the view for her painting. Varian and Rapunzel stayed put in their spots and began to stroke their brushes against their canvases.

Just as Emma was finishing up her painting, she happened to notice that the sky was getting dark.

Is it going to snow tonight? She wondered.

Then, as if right on cue, thousands of snowflakes fell from the sky and began to cover the kingdom with its graceful appearance.

"Aw, look! It's starting to snow," Rapunzel frowned. "It's coming down hard, too. What are we going to do about you two getting home?" She was right. It was incredibly stormy outside.

"Maybe we could have a sleepover?" Emma suggested.

Rapunzel's eyes sparked with excitement. "That's a great idea! Let's get Cass and Eugene to join us. This is going to be so much fun! Come on, Emma. We'll go find them."

Time Skip

After gathering Eugene and Cassandra, the group cleaned up the painting supplies and brought in snacks from the kitchen. Then, the five sat in a circle.

"Let's play Truth or Dare!" Rapunzel suggested eagerly. Everyone else agreed reluctantly. "I'll go first. Cass, truth or dare?"

"Um... dare," Cassandra said.

"I dare you to say 'Potatoes' after every sentence for the rest of the game," Rapunzel grinned.

"That's... kinda random, but whatever. Potatoes," Cassandra shrugged. "Uh, Varian, truth or dare? Potatoes."

"Truth," Varian decided.

"Your most embarrassing moment. Go! Potatoes," Cassandra said, pointing at Varian.

Varian blushed bright red. "I... I guess that would be the time when I ran into a store window by accident. There were lots of people around. Em, truth or dare?"

"Truth." Emma suddenly became very nervous.

"Who's your least favorite person?" Varian asked.

"Monty," Emma replied bluntly. "He's so mean to Raps for no reason."

"Good choice," Rapunzel smiled.

"Eugene, truth or dare?" Emma smirked at Eugene playfully.

"Dare! Obviously," Eugene scoffed. "I'm not like all you wusses who chose the truth questions."

"Ok. I dare you to... admit that Cass is cooler than you."

"Wait, what?! Hold up. Nobody could possibly be cooler than me."

"Maybe Emsy is telling the truth. Potatoes." Cassandra crossed her arms and grinned. "You should just give in and admit it. Potatoes."

"Ugh, fine!" Eugene pouted. "Cass... is cooler than me."

Everyone else snickered while Eugene muttered to himself, irritated.

"Don't worry, Eugene. I still think you're cool," Rapunzel assured.

"Thanks, Blondie."

Time Skip

Later on in the game, everyone eventually got bored and decided that they wanted to do something else instead. While they were thinking, Varian snuck away, grabbed a pillow off of Rapunzel's bed, and prepared to attack. Emma tried her hardest not to laugh before Varian whacked Rapunzel as hard as he could, then yelled, "PILLOW FIGHT!!!"

A series of slapping each other with pillows followed after that, which happened to be tons of intense fun. However, all that intensity tired everyone out, so they decided that they wanted to go to bed. Rapunzel provided sleeping bags and such. The sleeping bags were nearly laid out on the floor and Emma was the first to slip into hers. Varian followed second.

"Hopefully my parents won't mind that I'm here," Emma sighed. "I didn't think we would be staying the night."

"I wouldn't worry about it," Varian shrugged. "I'm sure they would understand."

"Yeah, I guess you're right. Thank you, Varian," Emma smiled gratefully.

"Good night," Varian yawned cutely as he snuggled deep into his sleeping bag.

"Night!" Everyone else said. Then, they all dozed off into a deep sleep.

Word Count: 917

I really enjoyed writing Eugene's lines They crack me up so hard! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter 😄