Day 1 of Wedded Bliss

The Switch

Chapter 7

Kragan woke up to a gentle knock at the door, and looked down to see you were still fast asleep. Your head still over his chest, over his heart actually which made him smile to see his bride sleep so peacefully in his arms and her head over his heart that was completely hers for as long as it would beat.

His left arm was around you possessively as you were still tangled up as he pulled up the blankets and made sure you were both covered before the knock repeated and Kragan didn't want you to wake so he put his hand over your other ear to keep you from hearing it and keeping you from being disturbed.

"Yes?" Kragan asked as loud as he dared.

"Good morning Your Lordship, it's just me. Are both of you awake yet?" Mildred asked as she opened the door just enough to poke her head into the door but respectfully kept her gaze down to the carpet.

"Good morning, I'm awake, Tessa is still sleeping though." Kragan answered softly.

"Well I have breakfast for you if you'd like it." Mildred offered.

"Yeah, sure, bring it in." Kragan agreed as he kept his hand over your ear before Mildred came in and brought in a tray and gave you a quick glance before fixing her gaze onto Kragan.

"Where would you like it?" She asked.

"Um, over there on the table is fine." Kragan answered as he nodded over to the little table in the room before she nodded and put the tray down and set up breakfast but kept the covers over the still piping hot dishes.

"Would you like for me to make you a plate Your Lordship? I take it you don't want to wake her- seeing as your hand is over her ear." Mildred gathered. Keeping her voice to a soft and low murmur. But not quite a whisper.

"Yes, thank you." Kragan thanked her.

"Don't let her sleep too much, she's liable to sleep the day away." Mildred gently warned him as she fixed him a plate of breakfast and brought it over to the table closest to him.

"She's earned all the sleep she wants." Kragan insisted.

"Very well Your Lordship. But I will warn you all the same- she'd sleep for 20 hours a day if you let her. She's a long sleeper, been that way most of her life, even before her recent accident." Mildred offered as she mentally made sure she said "accident" and not "illness" as she set the plate down and a set of silverware.

"Well, she's earned it. She's still recovering from that accident. Sleep is always the best medicine sometimes." He gently countered and was looking at you too much to miss Mildred's guilty expression that she quickly made vanish on her face once she realized it was showing.

"As you say Your Lordship." Agnes quickly agreed with a nod and didn't argue any further.

"Do you have to call me that? Lordship?" Kragan asked as his face was scrunched up.

"Is there something else you would prefer me to use?" Mildred asked.

"Just my name." Kragan answered.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. Sir- I think is the lowest but still appropriate term I could use though, if you would prefer that to Lordship." Mildred gently countered.

"Fine, Sir it is then." Kragan caved.

"Coffee or tea Sir?" She asked pleasantly.

"Coffee, please." Kragan readily answered.

"Any cream or sugar?" She asked.

"No, just black is fine." He shook his head.

"Very well Sir." Mildred nodded before she poured him a cup and then brought the whole carafe over to him as well.