Millie's Wedding

The Switch

Chapter 15

Three Months Later...

Millie sat at the vanity getting her wedding makeup applied as she was both excited to finally get married, but also, to finally be reunited with you. But most of all, to see her wedding present- her skyship. Named The Radiant Contessina Especial. "The Special Radiant Contessina". Which was supposed to be bigger and grander than the Contessina Originale that Kragan had drawn up on your wedding day at the start of the season. And with her wedding date being put back to right before the highest of the high holidays. She didn't care if there was snow on the ground and she'd be have to cover her dress in a fur to finally see it. She would be using it to sail to Wakanear to have the honeymoon to end all honeymoons in a tropical paradise. It was literally a fairytale come true and then after that, she would get to travel the world, and while some Radiance Skyports were still being finished, over a dozen had been finished and were ready for her to come and enjoy them when she would be done with her honeymoon.

It had been an agonizing wait for this moment, for the last few weeks, royals had come from all over the world to stay at the grand houses of Nobility and even others staying at the skyport itself. The greatest ones staying with the King and Queen and then herself and with the Lavines and the wedding gifts had already begun to start pouring in.

And she was ever so grateful for the expansion of the skyport because otherwise there was no way everyone could be accommodated.

And while you had showed her via messengerari- certain rooms and more details to make sure it was built to suit her tastes as well as Ron's, she wanted to see her ship in all of it's glory. And for what Ron and his family had already sunk into it, even with the discount, she had very high expectations of it. And only hoped it would be as perfect as everything else. The same way she did of herself on this day. Everything was going perfect so far and she had planned every tiny detail so it would be the perfect day to start off the perfect new year.

The skyports, both for Salgria Shipping and The Order of Radiance Skyports- known simply as The Radiance Skyports- had already been built and the Salgria Shipping port and skyport were in a constant state of movement from ships coming and going to both ever since they were erected. But The Radiance Skyport had even been decorated in the same manner that Millie's wedding had been for after the wedding and reception, the party could move to the skyport so all of her guests could view her ship and hopefully all fawn and awe at the perfect gift for the perfect bride. And then get to see all the others that would be unveiled soon after. And there were massive clouds in the skies that the mouras themselves had made to hide the fleet of ships until the right moment. But the way the sun would shine through the clouds, one could still make out beautiful details as the whole country had their eyes skywards, both towards the skyport and the ships in the skies, hidden by clouds. You and Kragan were actually taking up a suite on the Skyport as you had helped make the top "flower" perfect for her reception. And because of the advancements, a feast to end all feasts would be fed to the many royal guests.

You had been in contact with her all week, finalizing the very moment she wanted you to come, even as large as you had become in your pregnancy. Which thankfully had- since it's discovery- gone very well, thanks to Agnes' intervention and the further healing you had received at the hands of the healers at Audrey, Sarah and Benyana, since that fateful day five months prior. And when Saffiro had come home, he had done so with none other than Samantha as his bride. Who you had personally appointed as your Radiance De Major of The Order of Radiance Skyport. Which made her acceptance into the family easy and warmly welcomed.

And while Millie had felt a little irritated that Samantha was instantly loved by her parents as much as they still loved and favored you. She had to remind herself that to her own inlaws, she was treated and viewed the same. Because to Millie, Samantha had no breeding or impressive lineage. She was a Souja, from Fitsdale and supposedly an heiress from there. So Millie felt superior to her, but was displeased when that view wasn't mirrored by Samantha. And while Samantha was polite, Samantha also would not be fawning over Millie the way everyone else was. But thankfully you had reminded her that after today, Samantha would be sister to her in name only. And that after today, Millie would be far too busy all around the world to be bothered to have any dealings with Samantha. Which had been enough for Millie to leave the matter alone.