Off To See The World- Souja Inn and Tavern

The Switch

Chapter 8

"What?" You asked once you finished with dinner, both of you quite full and happy and sitting on the daybed on the veranda as you watched the sunset and the stars start to come out as it seemed Kragan wanted to ask something but was perhaps having a hard time finding the right words as you laid nestled next to him with his shoulder was your pillow and you happily found little tufts of hair that wanted to curl into ringlets on his chest as you had just enjoyed another round of sex at the dinner table as you had mounted him in his chair and he had brought you from inside, to out here to enjoy the beautiful sunset and dusk after.

"Are you happy and content with just the Solowardian marriage customs, or would you ever want to incorporate more of them?" Kragan asked carefully.

"Depends on the custom, and depends on your thoughts and feelings about them." You specified.

"Well, there's a few orcish ones that I always thought..." Kragan trailed off.

"Do I have to be an orc to do them?" You asked thoughtfully.

"No," Kragan shook his head.

"Well what are they?" You asked as you turned to him as he slightly turned to face you instead of the sky.

"Well there's the bead thing. It's where each partner makes a bead for the other or if they have beads, they trade them and each bead is usually worn in the hair or on a necklace or something, and then there's the courting rituals and stuff. But with how you had my wedding ring engraved makes me feel like we've already done that." Kragan tried to clarify.

"Rituals and stuff?" You repeated with a curious and almost scheming smile.

"Well... Ok, so in orcish culture, when and if you find someone you want to court, you usually hunt together and then cook the kill together and eat the bone marrow together and take a bone and engrave the bone for a bead on a necklace or in thier hair or something." Kragan explained as you looked at him and he wasn't wearing a necklace or beads because the hair on his head was trimmed too short to take one and he had yet to show you any kind of necklace that he wore that had beads of any kind on them. Actually besides his sailboat ring and his wedding ring, he didn't wear any other jewelry but perhaps he used to, before he had come here to Solowards. Maybe his ears were pierced that you hadn't noticed because orcish ears had more to them and had muscles and more cartlidge to them than human ones.

"Ah, I see, well we did hunt together. Granted we didn't cook what we hunted, we let the servants do that. But we did hunt. I've never cooked a day in my life, so I have no idea where I would even start. So you'd have to teach me that." You said.

"No, you're fine. I'm not gonna ask you to do that, especially when we've already eaten so well. And we did hunt, and we hunted very successfully, and I was trying so hard not to descend into the rest of the tradition that went with it when we did. Because your brother was there and I didn't want to make things awkward or offend the Solowardian standards of decorum." Kragan admitted.

"Ah so I take it there was more to it than just the cooking and carving bones thing. It came with a sex thing." You furthered judging with how bashful Kragan was becoming.

"Yeah." Kragan nodded.

"Well I mean, we have three more days, we can try again." You offered.

"No, honestly, sex with you in a bed or any other piece of furniture is infinitely more comfortable than on the forest floor next to a stripped carcass with it's hide being the only thing between you and the ground." Kragan admitted.