Hail the Conquering Hero!

Lola's sword shone pink again and it turned back to normal. She slid it back into it's scabbard. When she turned back to face Benjamin, she was surprised with a sudden hug from him. The threat of tears were on the verge of his voice. "Ohhh thank you! I thought something was going to happen to me! Thank you! You saved us all!"

Lola noticed this had drew a crowd and she nervously chuckled and slowly pat Benjamin's back. "It's okay. I was just doing my job. It's nothing really."

When he pulled back Lola noticed the tears of gratitude in Benjamin's eyes. "No, sincerely, thank you. You saved my life. And, possibly, the lives of many people. Thank you, Lola."

Lola offered him a warm smile. "You're welcome."

"Wow she actually did it! She chased away those soldiers!", a young man said in awe.

"I know! I witnessed the whole thing!", an old man said.

"Wowie! That lady is amazing!", a young boy said, amazed.

Lola offered the crowd a grin.

Fast footfalls became louder as both of the kings and Cedric made their way through the crowd and to them. "Lola!", Cedric exclaimed, "We saw that bright pink light and we came here as fast as we could!"

"Can someone please explain to us this situation?", King Ross asked.

The crowd roared back to life as they shouted and hollered in praise of Lola's bravery.

"CALM DOWN EVERYBODY!", King Mandwell shouted loudly over the crowd. They immediately died down.

"Benjamin, you're here. Did you witness what happened?", Ross asked.

Benjamin nodded a single nod. "Yes sire. Lola here saved my life and possibly the whole kingdom. We encountered three Hetero soldiers and she singlehandedly defeated all three of them."

The kings both eyes widened in amazement. Cedric gawked. King Ross shook his head. "Close your mouth, Cedric. You'll catch flies", then he shifted his eyes towards Lola, "Perhaps I may have misjudged you, Miss Lola. You've done us a great service."

King Mandwell nodded in agreement. "The Gay Kingdom will forever be in your debt. Thank you." Both of the kings bowed in respect. Lola bowed back with a nervous laugh.

"No really. I was just doing my job. It was the least I could do", Lola said with a sincere smile.

King Ross shook his head. "You could have left those soldiers alone and fled from our kingdom like a spineless coward."

"But you didn't", King Mandwell continued, "You stood your ground and fought for a kingdom who's people treated you different and wasn't even your own."

"So I believe what we're trying to say is-", Cedric stated.

"We're sorry", the whole crowd said in unison.

A little boy walked up to Lola and she knelt down to his level. "I'm sowry that we all misjugged you." And he offered her a hug. Lola hugged the little boy back.

All the little boys circled around her suddenly. "You're a hero, miss!" "Wow! You're so cool for beating up those bad guys!" "I wanna be like you when I grow up!"

"Aww you little guys are so sweet! But", she hesitated, "I know when I'm unwanted", she said as she looked at King Ross, "I'll leave here and not come back. Thank you all so much for the gratitude and praise....and for the opportunity.............Goodbye."

Lola slowly walked towards the gates and the crowd cleared a path to it for her.

The kings both shared sorrowful and regretful glances with one another and King Ross sighed. "Lola wait."