Chapter 13

After the meeting, Team Remnant set up their base of operations in the courtyard of Beacon.

They set up a Hangar Bay Area for all their ships, a control terminal for their weapons and gear, a training area similar to the Crucible where the Team will train their three new recruits, and a command center where they will have their meetings, mostly the Team Leaders.

They set up a barrier in their Base as a means to keep out any students or Atlas soldiers from stealing any of their gear.

Flynt: Is everything set?

Kobalt: Yup, Neptune and Ivori are setting up the lab. We hoped with the amount of Dust we can acquire, they hope to create an upgraded version of the Orbs.

Flynt: That's good and their new upgraded weapons?

Kobalt: Neptune is finished with Neo's weapon. Ivori is still working on Penny's and Amber's weapon is almost finished.

Flynt: And where are those three anyway?

Kobalt: In the training area.

In the training area Nebula, Jaune, and Arslan are overseeing the three new recruits.

Jaune: So what do you think?

Nebula: Both Neo and Penny are fast learners.

Arslan: Amber on the other hand, seems to be having a hard time. But she'll get the hang of it soon.

They observed Amber struggling a bit with her new powers, while Penny and Neo are doing well on their own as Sun, Sage, and Nolan are helping them out.

Jaune: What's the status on the rest of the base?

Nebula: Everything seems to be in order, Brawn and Neon are coming back with more supplies. So everything should be up and running by the end of the day.

Jaune: Good and the barrier?

They all looked towards the barrier and see a couple of students try to get in the base but we're electrecuted.

Arslan: Working just fine.

Nebula: Anyways, now that everyone is here, I'm up for some lunch. Hey Jaune try convincing the cooks to let you cook for us. I miss your cooking.

Jaune: Sure Neb, just call everyone to the Cafeteria, oh and tell Flynt to set up the defences. I don't want any funny business around here.

Nebula: Of course Jaune.

Beacon Cafeteria

All of Team Remnant are in one table chatting and waiting for Jaune to cook their food.

Reese: So guys are you enjoying your stay in Beacon?

Brawn: It's all good, we would've been here for the Vytal Festival anyway.

Dew: Yup, at least the damages are being repaired. We made quite a mess.

Neon: That's true but everybody thinks of us as heroes!

Kobalt: Well we did save the entirety of Vale.

Sage: Let's hope the news reporters won't hog us with questions.

Sun: Ughhh, I really hope so. I'm not in the mood to be harassed by a bunch of reporters.

As they continue their conversations Jaune arrives alongside Flynt and Nolan as they brought in their food.

Brawn: Ugh finally. I'm starving.

Jaune: Just don't go asking for seconds, the supplies for the food are low in the cafe luckily I was able to make a batch for all of us.