3

Keys:

[F/N] Favorite Color

[F/N/C] Favorite Neon Color

[S/A/N] Stuffed Animal Name

-----

Y/N’S POV

-----

The sun was rising as I woke up, my room in a cool light blue glow, I looked at the clock and rubbed the sleep from my eyes. 6:25am. Kinda early, so I flopped back down for a second. I pondered going back to sleep but it was already too late for that. Lucky for me, today is a teacher work day which means I can spend all of today at the creek! I sighed and rolled off the bed and hit the floor with a thud, “ow.”

What can I do to pass the time? Hmm…’ I looked around in my room, spotting my lego set. I grabbed it and got to work on my city. I’ve finished the bank and the pizza parlor so it was time to get to work on a hospital! Digging through the lego bin for the right pieces, I quickly got to work putting it all together. Piece by piece, lego by lego. Time seemed to go by so fast because before I knew it I had finished the first floor. 

I grabbed my phone and checked the time, 8:21am. Those legos do something weird to my brain, I have no clue how I didn’t notice how much time had gone by. Am I an addict? ‘A lego addict… I’m just gonna put these back.’ After putting the Work-in-Progress Hospital on the table and tossing the rest of the spare pieces back into the bin, I made my way to the closet to grab some clean clothes. Shuffled through the options until I found something satisfactory, as I was feeling kind of simple today, the days’ outfit was gray shorts, [F/C] sneakers and a white shirt with a single horizontal [F/N/C stripe on it.

Within a few moments I was dressed and got to packing to prepare for today’s adventure. I hauled band-aids, a book, a camera, [S/A/N], my map of the creek, and some cool marbles both big and small for trading with Kit. I zipped up my backpack and walked downstairs, my dad wasn’t here though. I shrugged and made some mac and cheese, it was a small bowl of it so I would have some for later. Something unusual on the fridge caught my attention, so I made my way over real quick. A sticky note from dad reading:

“Dear Sprout,

I’m out on a business trip for a collaboration with the Clean Oceans Funding program! I won’t be home until sometime near next month, so I’ve trusted you with taking care of yourself and the house for the next 2 weeks. There are groceries in the pantry! Have fun, don’t stay up too late, don’t forget your classes. Most importantly, remember I love you.   -Dad”

I smiled though sad he was gone for so long, he goes on these trips pretty often and leaves me alone for a while. This time though, I don’t have a baby sitter! I did a quick check of the pantry to see what food was there but in the end just grabbed a non-sugar snack since I wasn’t allowed to have anything with sugar before lunch. I ate it while I went outside and locked the door behind me. To do the morning ritual, I commenced the action of watering the plants and moving the cacti as carefully as possible out into the sun.