4

Keys:

[F/S] Favorite Snack

-----

YN’S POV

-----

I started going through the treasures and trash of the junk pile, there’s so many different sections and items that it’s absolutely going to take a while to look through. I huffed, “how am I supposed to find this before dinner?” I shook my head, determination filled me and I pushed away the complications of looking through this place. I began my search for the staff in a smaller pile of unorganized items. So many things, though most were likely a hazard considering how dirty they were. Broken bags, old books, bottles. Lots of stuff here was interesting but not what I was here for.

There was a sort of pattern to the mounds of trash, alphabetical I think. So my search is narrowed down as I can just look through… S, W or P! Staff, wand, or pole, I’m not sure what Craig’s staff would be called by the Junk Lord. I’ll start at S first, so I said my ABCs as I walked by each alphabetical pile until I found myself at the S. “Yes! Okay, finally!” I dug around in the trash carefully, making sure to avoid stuff covered in unrecognizable nasty stuff. I dug my hand far into the pile and pulled out… a sock. I dropped it instantly with a screech, “oh gross!” I’m gonna need a bucket load of hand sanitizer after this. I continued my search, a relieved smile spread onto my face as I caught sight of Craig’s staff. I went to grab it but a rat passed by.

I screamed and flew backwards into a lump of junk, it began to wobble. Cans rattling grabbed my attention and I looked up. Before grabbing the staff with an outstretched hand, the pile was getting more unstable making me worry about my safety. ‘Come on…’ I strained my arm to reach for this stupid staff but it all came crashing down. I put an arm in front of my face, screaming and curling up. If I get hurt, I’m absolutely suing that Junk jerk 90 [F/S]’s! I heard items hit the floor but no impact or pain on myself, I pulled my arm away and slowly opened my eyes which were tightly closed the entire time. 

There were arms around me in a hug like embraced as we sat down on the ground safely. I looked over at the fallen junk pile and felt some color from my face drain as I realized how bad it could’ve been had I not been saved. ‘Who…?’ I found myself in the arms of the Sewer Queen who was here for some reason but I won’t question that because she just saved my life! She pulled away from me, I disliked the comfort and feeling of safety. I felt nervous as she stared at me sternly but I could see concern in her eyes. “[Y/N]! Are you okay?” 

Eileen frowned as I checked myself over for any injuries. Other than a scrape on my knee, I was fine. “Y- yeah, I think I’m fine…” She sighed content with that, until her face hardened again, she grabbed my wrist as gentle as can be. Which wasn’t all that gentle. “Good… now that I know you're fine, What in the water were you thinking?!” She yelled, making me lean back away from her a bit as she got closer. Eileen waited for a response. 

“I’m uh–I was–” I tried to answer her.

“WHAT WERE YOU DOING?”

“I’m sorry! I was just looking for Craigs’ staff,” I quickly tried to respond, fumbling under Eileen’s distressed glare. “I wanted to get the Junk Lords help but he wasn’t here. I’m sorry.” My face warmed in shame, my heart feeling deflated. At the look of my defeated eyes looking at the ground, she sighed and her eyes softened and she let go of my wrist.

The Sewer Queen grabbed my hand and squeezed it softly, prompting me to look back up at her. “It’s okay, I’m sorry for lashing out, I was just worried about you. I don’t deal too well with that kinda stuff. I heard you scream and found you here.” I held her hand back and squeezed it softly back, “it’s fine. Just try and hear me out more if this happens again.” She laughed, “I hope this doesn’t happen again.” I nodded in agreement.

“Anyways, I need to go back to getting Craig-y boys staff.” 

“I’ll help you then!” 

I grinned and got up, pulling her up with me. Eileen stumbled forward a bit but I caught her by grabbing her other hand to steady the girl. I blushed, a lovely shade of hot pink, and so did she. I let go of one hand, still keeping a hold on the other. We made our way to the rubble and found the staff once more. I cheered happily with it in hand and she looked at me with a fond smile. 

We went back to the stump to meet up with the stump kids, sadly, she had to go back to the sewers along the way. The Sewer Queen began to make her way off, I watched her go, startled when she suddenly turned around and pulled me into a hug. She backed up and walked away with a blush on her face and waved goodbye. I smiled ear to ear, continuing my way back to the stump with a skip in my step. I almost bumped right into a certain sparkling figure!

“Sparkie!! Check out this cool picture I took earlier today!” She turned towards me, a big grin on her face as per usual, I held up my camera to her face, on screen were the lizard pictures. Sparkle Cadet gasped and fawned over the cute little striped skink, “Aww! Soo Cuteee!!” 

I told her about some of my day for a bit until I remembered the staff in my hand, “oh I gotta go! Nice seein’ you spark.” I made a heart with my hands, or at least as best as I could, while walking away. I waved goodbye and so did she, so I continued my way to the stump! 

Finally here, the gang was sitting down, seemingly defeated with Craig even more so. They noticed me and I pulled out the staff from behind my back. I bent down on one knee, holding the staff up to him with both arms raised. “I have found your staff, fair map maker!” I announced.

J.P cheered. Craig grabbed it instantly, something about his baby being back, something about never letting it go ever again. Kelsey high fived me, “Nice job dude!”

“I better receive some goods from that, I risked my life for it!”

“Yeah sure! Thank you soooo much, [Y/N]!” I waved him off, “of course Craig! I’m always happy to help whenever you need it.”

The dinner horn blew as we were saying goodbye. I started my trek home, no need to rush. It took roughly 20 minutes to get inside. I took my shoes off and locked the door. Rather than do anything else I immediately went towards my bed-couch-windowsill and flopped onto it.

With a happy sigh, I giggled. Remembering the hug, the cute lizard, and an awesome adventure. “Other than nearly dying,” I exaggerated, “Today was great.” I felt exhaustion creep up, but I wasn’t gonna go to sleep gross and dirty so I made my way to the shower after grabbing some fresh clothes.

 Credits to  WorldinHand for proof reading