9

(Sort of filler/intermission chapter!)

Keys:

[E/C] Eye Color

-----

Y/N’S POV

-----

There was a bright sparkle in Abigail’s eyes as I asked them if they wanted to join me at the carnival. Her hands and arms twitched, she balled them up in front of her as they lightly shook, radiating the excitement in her eyes, as she lifted her heels up and down in spot. “I. WOULD. LOVE. TOO!” She had the brightest smile I had ever seen on her face.

I smiled right back, looking over at Nora. “I can’t. My Dads and I are having a picnic! It’s gonna be fun, we even got Kiwi Pie which is my favorite!” My smile only seemed to grow at her enthusiasm as I nodded in understanding. “Alright then Abby, we’re meeting at 8am on Saturday. Is that fine with you?”

Abigail gave a thumbs up. “Just perfect!”

-----

Sewer Queen’s (Eileen) POV 

-----

I sat on my throne, leaning against my hand as I stared off at nothing, still thinking of [Y/N]. ‘How will I confess to them?’ With a sigh, those thoughts continued to press on, I came up with nothing. After some point, one of my people came up to me, cutting off the racing of my mind. 

“My Queen! We found these magazines in our waters and can’t figure out where to put them.” I nodded and the kid handed me the magazines. “I’ll sort it out later.” With a curious glance down at the items, I opened one of them out of curiosity and boredom. I flipped through the pages, maybe looking for ideas on how to confess to [Y/N]. Sure, I wanted it to be original, but if it could share how I felt for them then it’d just have to be worked with. 

A good idea popped into my mind, the idea being that I could confess the first day of summer. Which was in… I counted on my fingers… 23! 23 more days until then. A page I unwittingly flipped to show a firefly bracelet that lit a lightbulb in my head on what I could confess with. There's enough time to get all of this ready, plus I’ll even have a wish for extra luck! The magazines were put to the side with happiness written all over my face.

-----

Sparkle Cadet’s POV

-----

I’ve been planning on confessing my feelings to [Y/N] soon. It’s been a long time of holding these feelings in but Sewer Queen makes me suspicious with the way she acts around [Y/N]. I may have felt this way when we did Ballet together, although they only really joined for me, they had quit after 3 months due to a sprained ankle. 

That was exactly a year and a few months ago.

Anyways, how will I confess? They need to be impressed… star-struck even! They should be entertained, with a big smile on their face that doesn't go away for so long. But, how do I make that all true? [Y/N] likes art, adventures, and gardening. Also they really like Legos, A LOT, it may be sort of concerning at points. Memories faded into my head as I thought about our fun times together, I smiled all giddy like. 

----- Flashback! (Y/N is 9 here!) -----

They ringed their hands together, shuffling in their spot slightly. “Sparkle, I’m nervous. What if something goes wrong?” I grabbed their balled up hands and shined with the might of a thousand suns. “Don’t worry! I do this all the time, soon enough baking will be like tying your shoes.”

[Y/N] smiled although unsure. “I learned how to tie my shoes last week,” they muttered. I glanced down at their shoes and whispered, “that explains the velcro,” and then lifted my focus to meet their worried [E/C] eyes. “Don’t worry. It’ll be fine. I promise.”

Their eyes softened and they nodded, I guided them through rolling the dough. Using cookie cutters to make cute shapes like hearts, smiley faces, rainbows and stars! We put them in to cook, after a few minutes, they were done being made so the cookies were put onto plates. I let [Y/N] have the first one, they smiled in pride at their successful baking.

----- Flashback End! -----

I shook my head away from the distractions as I remembered the task at hand. I still have to find a way to confess to them. I pondered to no end, ‘maybe…’ My eyes glittered with a lightbulb above my head, I could teach them how to roller skate! But I’d have to learn first. The ten speeds could probably help me out! Plus there are tutorials online, there's 26 days to get this ready. All I have to do is stay determined.

-----

Sewer Queen’s (Eileen) POV

-----

The dinner tuba played and all of my subjects flooded out of the kingdom, pun intended. I glanced over at the magazines I still had yet to do anything with, after staying behind to put them some place, I headed home as quickly as possible. 

I really didn’t want to be late for dinner! I got home, put things away, had dinner with my family and got ready for bed. I got into bed with a flushed face as I thought about some stuff. ‘I’m so excited for tomorrow! Maybe me and [Y/N] can even go on a ride together…’ As it all played out in my head I barely noticed that I drifted off to sleep.

-----

Sparkle Cadet’s POV

-----

I heard the dinner tuba play its usual melody so I instinctively headed home with joy and a sweet skip in my step. My house has the no-shoes rule so I slipped them off and left my shoes at the entrance. I had dinner, then went upstairs. To spend the rest of my time before sleeping I made a picture with glitter glue and then went to sleep happily, as always.

C

redits to WorldinHand for proofreading