7

Keys:

None for this time~ ;3

-----

Sparkle Cadets’ POV

-----

Oh my! I can’t believe I thought such a thing. I don’t really think that badly of her. I put my hand up to my face with a slight frown as I walked to the sewers with [Y/N]. I looked at them, their cheeks puffed out as they kept trying to rid the hiccups with lack of air. I hold nothing against the Sewer Queen honestly, she’s just loud and annoying. She also obviously likes [Y/N]! I mean, everyone likes [Y/N], but she ‘like likes’ her. I put a grin back onto my face as said friend looked over at me with a hiccup that made their shoulders jump.

I swear I hold nothing against the Sewer Queen unless like I stated earlier. She’s loud, annoying, over confident, and a big dumb show off! [Y/N] has been my best friend for as long they’ve lived here, and those two have only known each other for a week! My friend and I have known the other for two years, surely that trumps the ‘only known for a week’ card. I still have a perfect memory of how we met.

----- Flashback! (Y/N is 9 here!) -----

I was riding around on my bicycle in some neighborhood near mine, when I slowed a bit, I spotted a kid unpacking a box that reached over their head as they carried it. I giggled and rode to stop in front of them. They peeked around the side of the box to look at me, a little nervously however. “Hi, what’s your name?” 

“O- oh, I’m [Y/N]. I moved in last week, the trucks are still coming.” They put the big box down while chatting with me.

“Well, you can call me Sparkle! Great to meet a new friend!”

Their eyes widened excitedly and a small smile came onto their face when I said new friend.

----- Flashback End! -----

I heard another squeak like hiccup followed by a small groan of annoyance. [Y/N]’s hiccups were the cutest!! I hid a squeal behind my hands that they didn’t seem to notice at all, my eyes were focused on them as they looked so determined on getting to the sewers. They’re so perfect, I love them to pieces! [Y/N] was kind, noble, adventurous, always willing to help, and of course a cutie patootie. I giggled at my use of the word patootie, it’s such a silly fun little word! 

Oh, if only they returned my adoration for them. I’d treat them like the royalty that ruled the world. I’d bake them treats to no end, like pumpkin pie! They would be called the apple of my eye as they’re so divine! ‘Ooh, that rhymes.’ I focused back on reality outside of [Y/N], realizing we finally reached our destination, the stink queens kingdom. “You ready, [Y/N]?”

-----

Y/N’S POV

-----

I looked at Sparkle, audibly gulping, the determination in her eyes both made me fearful and determined myself. Without any of the Sewer Queen’s people or the queen herself, it was pretty quiet and scary here. She must have seen my fearful face, grabbing my hand to comfort me. “We’ll leave as soon as we get the hiccups over with! It’s going to be okay.”

As if there were no words, I hiccupped in response and smiled at her while she laughed at it. ‘Sparkle is such a ray of sunshine.’ She led me forward, keeping me close to her as we trudged through the cold, wet sewer. Sparkle Cadet had me feeling safe and warm, making sure I wasn’t too scared while also making sure I would get scared? It was confusing but I was convinced she had it covered.

She was doing her best to make sure animals didn’t get too close as I was allergic to animal fur. Rats, Raccoons, dogs, cats and such were a big no. However sheep, turtles, birds, horses, etc. were plenty safe for me! A hiccup made my chest hurt, I gasped as it felt like lightning throughout that area. Sparkle Cadet looked back at me concerned, I squeezed her hand to let her know I was fine. Things weren’t going too well as we walked.

I was convinced nothing was going to happen at this point and even Sparkle, THE Sparkle Cadet, seemed a little bummed. There was a pathway split, she chose a random pipe to go into so we kept going. Other than the splashing sounds from our walking, there was a long clicking and crawling sound. “W- what is that?!” 

Sparkle squealed, she was looking down, so I also looked down at my shoe… only to see a centipede crawling on it. “Oh my gOD, AHH!! OFF OFF, GET IT OFF Of meEE! AHH-” I shut my eyes as I splashed around in the water trying to shake it off my shoe while screaming too. 

“BEGONE!” I peaked my eyes open a centimeter to see Sparkle had gotten the bug off my shoe and was smacking it with her magical girl bubble wand! I sighed in relief, letting my body untense, glad that disgusting pest was dead. 

For some reason, my friend gasped and grinned at me, big and wide. I raised a brow.

She noticed, “[Y/N]! You haven’t hiccupped!!” I jumped up and down in the water, Sparkle Cadet quickly joining along, “they’re gone! WOOHOO!”

When we both finally chilled out, I looked at her with a soft happy smile. “Thanks for helping me with this Sparkie, you’re always helping others expecting no reward. You honestly are the best!” I made a heart with my hands towards her. She waved me off, “It’s no problemo [Y/N]. You don’t need to thank me.” 

Sparkle Cadet has always done so much for everyone and always with an infectious smile on her sweet face. I think that something should be done for her, she definitely deserves a break! “So… would you want to go to the carnival on Saturday with me!?” I shouted out as I clasped my hands together and looked away from her.  

I have three tickets, not including mine, and offering her one seems the best. My dad isn’t coming nor is his friend due to the business trip he’s on. I was going to go on my own but why let these go to waste?

“I’d absolutely love to!” 

-----

Sparkle Cadet’s POV

-----

A perfect chance to have fun with [Y/N], of course I’d take it! Who wouldn’t?

“Let’s get out of the sewers now.” They nodded and were about to start going until light splashing and footsteps got closer. “May I come along to the carnival?” I grimaced slightly, really? Her? Of course she’s splashing her sewer water infested feet around here, why’d I think she wouldn’t be? 

“Eileen!” [Y/N] jumped forward and hugged the Sewer Queen who had open arms and squeezed them back. My eyebrows furrowed and my eyes narrowed as I only slightly attempted to hold back my jealousy, passive-aggressiveness staining my normally happy aura. They pulled away from their hug thankfully. “I do have two extra tickets, so why not!”

“Thanks, but… uhm… who’s gonna get the third ticket.”

[Y/N] gasped and froze in realization. “ Oh uh, I guess I don’t know yet…”

 credits to WorldinHandfor proofreading